• Unfair Board Decision and Unexpected Termination (when feedback on a finished season is B-)

ARD_ElEcTrO
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Hello everyone,

In my current network career, I started a managerial journey with Manchester United, aiming to fulfill the board's set goals for the season. At the beginning of the campaign, the board outlined the following objectives for me:image.png.298ee6d0cbaf21769dcda1c0df48f883.png

During the season, I faced some challenges: I got knocked out of the Carabao Cup in the 3rd Round by Norwich and was eliminated in the 4th Round of the FA Cup by Bournemouth. However, despite these early exits, I managed to maintain a competitive position in both the Europa League and the Premier League.

Towards the end of the season, I was in the semi-finals of the Europa League and still had a chance to secure a Top-4 finish in the Premier League. Unfortunately, my team's form took a downturn, and I suffered some critical losses, including being knocked out of the Europa League semi-final by Lazio. Although I finished in 5th place, just one point behind Chelsea, who secured the Champions League spot, I had been competitive throughout the season (please take a note, that I lost the last game, and this screenshot is just to show my form at the end of the season):

image.png.d7f64a9cc77277c154a3a3cd2e5a4a52.png

Following my last match against Brentford in which I lost, the board requested a private discussion.

image.png.6463f0bfd07d1121cdd6dbdb3a277e41.png

The board's feedback was a B-, considering the accomplished tasks, and the level of support I received from the supporters was unreasonably low, marked at an F-.

image.png.ee24ec478114ecddcff8010143e0d488.png

image.png.7f8c649a1cfcd994a82795833b9b5676.png

I suspect this is a bug as I have previously seen similar issues reported on this forum. To clarify, I still have a save from before the last match of the season, which ultimately led to my termination. I believe this decision was unjust, considering my overall performance and the progress made in the competitions.

I kindly request you to investigate this issue. If any fellow players or moderators would be willing to examine my save file, I am attaching it to this post.

Thank you for your time and support in addressing this issue. I look forward to your input and feedback on this matter.

Best regards :)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

We'll take a look into the save but any changes would be actioned for FM24 and beyond, we wouldn't be able to fix anything at this stage for FM23 I'm afraid. Thank you nevertheless!

@Kyle Brown

Thanks a lot for the response!

Sure, I think it's only logical that new fixes will come into effect in FM24 already.

However, as it happened in a network career with my friend, can you please at least come back to this thread to confirm if it is a bug that needs fixing, or if the events occurred as intended?

We are having quite a heated discussion over it :D and your confirmation would be appreciated :)

Thanks!

• SI Staff

I can take a look at your save, did you upload it to our Cloud?

If so, can you you tell us the name of the file, if not you find instructions in the link below, thank you.

Hi @Zachary Whyte

Thanks for getting back to me on this issue! 

Yes, I have just uploaded the game save under the following name: Chelsea_vs_United (v02).fm

The game was saved right before the last game of the season against Brentford, which I failed to win and was asked for a board meeting and got fired afterwards.

Please, have a look and let me know if you think that the issue I described is a bug. Thanks a lot! 

Edited by ARD_ElEcTrO