• Recruitment Team page reporting wrong staff numbers

Kirkus Octavius
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

The summary at the top of the page is reporting that I have 18 team members. There are indeed 18 people listed. However there are 19 people shown in the jobs summary:

1/1 Director of Football;

1/1 Technical director (that's 2 people)

1/1 Chief Scout (That's 3)

15/10 Scouts (That's 18 BUT... count the number of people whose main job is "scout"; there are only 14.)

1 Recruitment Analyst (That's 19).

The only way that you get to 15 scouts is EITHER by counting the Chief Scout as a scout (which you shouldn't, because it's a different role; more managerial, less in the field) OR you count Bruno Conti's secondary job.

I think the latter may be happening, because the only way we have a Technical Director is if you count Tiago Pinto's secondary job. NOBODY holds that title as their primary job.

(If that is the case, though, there's an inconsistency in the count of Recruitment Analysts because we have one guy with that primary job, one with a secondary job, but only 1 Recruitment Analyst in total.)

That isn't even the principal problem. You would be using the position summary at the top to work out how overstaffed you are, and therefore how many people you need to put the axe to. According to that, I have 5 too many scouts but in reality I have only FOUR over my authorised level. Conti isn't going to be sitting in the rain at Gewiss Stadium trying to find me a new midfielder at Atalanta, so even if I get rid of 4 scouts to get me back to 10 "real" scouts, the game is still going to see me as "overstaffed" by one scout just because one person has a secondary job title that he'll never use.

RecruitmentTeamInconsistency.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Thank you for making us aware of this. Would you be able to share your save game in which this is happening so that our QA team can take a look into this further? A guide on how to do so is available here:

On 06/11/2022 at 16:26, Michael Sant said:

Thank you for making us aware of this. Would you be able to share your save game in which this is happening so that our QA team can take a look into this further?

OK, I've uploaded it as 20221022_Kirkus Octavius - Roma Beta.fm

That appears to be the very first iteration of that save; I know I spent some time on the game subsequently and I could have sworn that I did later saves, but they aren't on either my local drive or the cloud.

(Edit: Oh, wait... it's the OneDrive issue again. The original save went into my C:\users\me\documents folder, the later ones went into my OneDrive folder that the File -> Open dialog seems unaware of.)

It doesn't matter though, the one that i uploaded shows the issue.

• Administrators

It's an issue related to staff with secondary jobs being counted twice when they shouldn't be. Thanks for flagging and it's something we're looking into.