• Preferred position promise broken yet again

Weston
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

This was fixed and now it's not.

image.thumb.png.bceeb56ac9bd981f690bca3c1a5d8677.png

image.thumb.png.d2e3aa1f4f1c209b881c85a8f59f73ba.png

If I had to guess, the game is confused because he made 0 first team appearances.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

The promise was for the first team squad, that you'd promise to play him in a certain role. The fact you haven't selected the player at all for the first team means you've failed to keep that promise and the player has become upset. 

5 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

The promise was for the first team squad, that you'd promise to play him in a certain role. The fact you haven't selected the player at all for the first team means you've failed to keep that promise and the player has become upset. 

That's not what that means at all...

The playing time promise refers to if and *when* he'll be played, and he is a breakthrough prospect.

The preferred position promise refers to *where* he will be played if and when he is played.

He was played in his preferred position every game he was played, and he was playing in the U20s because he is a breakthrough prospect.

What really confuses me is I noted this same bug several years ago and you guys agreed then that a player not getting much or any minutes was a separate variable that should not impact the promise of *where* the player is used, because this promise refers to the percentage of time he gets, not how much time he gets. This was fixed and the game was better for it, because the interaction made more sense afterward.

I don't understand why this was changed back to what was deemed a prior bug, when it objectively does not make sense this way - You literally cannot be upset about being played out of position if you are played out of position precisely 0 times. If he wants to be something more than a breakthrough prospect, then that is an entirely different discussion he should be raising instead.

Edited by Weston

• Administrators

Just to be clear, the promise only relates to the first team. His appearances related to the U20 are irrelevant in this. 

I agree it's unclear and have flagged it back to the QA team. 

7 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Just to be clear, the promise only relates to the first team. His appearances related to the U20 are irrelevant in this. 

I agree it's unclear and have flagged it back to the QA team. 

Good to know, thanks - I agree, that should be clarified.

But first and foremost I'd prefer returning to how it used to be after things were corrected when this happened in a past edition, which is to have preferred position and playing time wholly separate so that you cannot fail a preferred position promise if a player plays very little or not at all in the first team (that should only be grounds for failing a playing time promise).

We should go back to fulfilling the promise requiring a certain percentage of the minutes played in the preferred position, not a total number of minutes.