• Broken Promise

kevgaleuk
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

What is the definition of "youth" in the developing youth players when others are unhappy at the sale of a player?

I sold a striker from my team in the MLS to a European club (didn't really have much option as a bigger club wanted them and they wanted to go) and while disappointed they were the back up to my main striker & I had 2 young strikers (both signed - one a recent draft player released by the club that drafter them, and one I signed from abroad) coming through

When players stated they felt the team was weakened and therefore unhappy I stated I had faith in our youth players to step up. They were happy but it resulted in a promise to develop youth players up front

That season we went on, these two players played a lot (both from the bench and some starts) and we had a successful season. We are in the next season, both of these players are contributing and one of them is now my first choice IF from the right (admittedly not the central striker just yet where the sold player was cover for) but both young players have developed 

But now I get a message saying I have broken that promise - which begs the question how? Is the game tied to regenerated youth team players or does it recognise age of players? 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Typically the promise refers to players 22 and under, and they have to have been playing quite a bit in the position - if one is playing an AMR it will not count as it's completely different to STC. 

If you want us to take a closer look, we'll need a save file prior to the promise failing.