• Board devastated with signings made despite them fitting the criteria

KPDub
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

I'm on a journeyman save and found myself at Lierse Kempenzonen in tier 2 after a stint with Alfreton.

The team is flat broke but just had an internal takeover and a restructure of finances preceding my appointment.

The required Board culture is to sign players based in Belgium.  I had zero transfer budget so of course I would need to get free transfers.

I signed 6 good players on free transfers, all Belgian, all had recently been released by Belgian teams - so for me, they were based in Belgium, unless all 6 who had played in for Belgian clubs for several years all decided to live in another country and commute in on their measly salaries.

The board are devastated with the message of "The startling lack of signings from other Belgian clubs has been a considerable source of frustration"   So these Belgian players, just released by Belgian clubs after playing in Belgium for several years are not based in Belgium?

At the moment keeping within the wage budget and winning the first 4 games of the season (2 league, 2 cup) are just keeping me in a job as they are really focused on me not meeting the criteria for signing players based in Belgium.

Ironically, a slightly differently worded culture from the supporters of "Sign Belgian Players" is a cause of delight for them.

Don't know if I'm being totally ignorant here of what that term means, but it has caused me a degree of confusion over what "based in nation" is defined as and (hopefully other people too).  I feel this needs clarifying within the game so it is crystal clear as given the "fire button" can be hit so easily in this game compared to other versions, the ambiguity of this culture requirement feels like it puts the chairmans finger on that button the second the requirement is set.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Done

File name - Non League to Legend - Lierse Kempenzonen.fm

Think I have moved the game on a little bit after reporting the bug - but board issue still remains.

• Administrators

Believe this has now been resolved in a previous update, thank you for your patience. Do let us know if you spot anything similar.