• German Clubs and European Competition - RE Standing Areas

MarvBAFC
    • Public Status: Open Files Uploaded: None

Hi all, 

I've noticed that some clubs will still have there standing areas with fans at a reduced capacity. But in the case of my Hamburg SV save the whole stand is closed and they just reduce the capacity to the seating only. 

Question is this doesn't happen in real life so why here? Should the standing areas been reallocated in this case to temporary seating? 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Honestly, I can't see any context from this message at all without further information on how.... what year, why is the stand closed (any message that they are going to expand this stand and therefore remove it).. ... More details might help to verify this.

22 hours ago, Fire_03 said:

Honestly, I can't see any context from this message at all without further information on how.... what year, why is the stand closed (any message that they are going to expand this stand and therefore remove it).. ... More details might help to verify this.

Ok maybe i should of worded better. 

Example HSV have a capacity of 57k in there ground, But will only ever get 47K max for champions league games. They close behind the goal. Please see pictures below:

No planned extension to ground. 

Screenshot2023-05-25172154.png.b54fe43c990e04157124bc6b3c59f874.pngScreenshot2023-05-25172221.png.d4c73c90538a029920c0b28c41c00fb8.pngScreenshot2023-05-25172247.png.b9393667f15867f5d7eefd054bd36439.png

Edited by MarvBAFC

Are those stands the 10000 non-seater? 
    If so, the reason is, only seaters are allowed in the UEFA Champions League and so the capacity gets reduced to 47000.
    I know, in reality, those stands would be rebuilt to seats while they play in the CL.

But, it is a game and not reality, so am not sure if it can get coded in the graphics as it should be in real life.

1 hour ago, Fire_03 said:

Are those stands the 10000 non-seater? 
    If so, the reason is, only seaters are allowed in the UEFA Champions League and so the capacity gets reduced to 47000.
    I know, in reality, those stands would be rebuilt to seats while they play in the CL.

But, it is a game and not reality, so am not sure if it can get coded in the graphics as it should be in real life.

That’s what l’m suggesting. As these areas are more than likely “Safe Standing” or rail seating should they be coded as such so the ground can use full capacity? 

Or should there be an option that the club goes all seater? 

vor 10 Minuten schrieb MarvBAFC:

That’s what l’m suggesting. As these areas are more than likely “Safe Standing” or rail seating should they be coded as such so the ground can use full capacity? 

Why should there be an option for all seaters, when the stands in RL are non-seaters?  Like Marc Terranzi is saying - "The regels, are the regels:herman:

And secondly, I have doubts, HSV will participate in European competition in the next x years. 

But, I am only a Head Researcher and something like that is the coding team's responsibility, not the research team's. 

On 25/05/2023 at 19:59, MarvBAFC said:

Submit this as a feature request :)
    https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/353-football-manager-feature-requests-pcmac/