• Lionel Messi

feche
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

What's the reason Messi has;

11 in Concentration? as per the guides, this attribute reflects a player's mental focus and attention to detail during a match (this is the equivalent of “Consistency”, on an event-by-event basis). A high rating here will mean the player can keep a higher focus on proceedings for longer periods of time and be able to respond to incidents late in the game just as well as he did early on. Lower concentration will see players lose focus and perhaps become liable to mistakes at crucial times in the match.

I don't think Messi loses mental focus and attention to detail for longer periods in the game or isn't able to respond to incidents at the end of games.

12 in Team Work? as per the guides Teamwork is mainly how well the player follows tactical instructions and works for and alongside his team-mates. A team full of players with a high rating here will work better as a unit. Players with lower ratings will slack off and not 'buy in' to the team ethos.

Messi doesn't 'buy in' to the team ethos you think? He's very not an unselfish player at all. He works for his team-mates when having the ball.

13 in Off the ball? as per the guides the Off The Ball attribute reflects a player's movement without the ball. Similar to Anticipation, this is how well players, particularly attacking ones, can assess a situation and then move off the ball, making themselves available to receive a pass in a dangerous position.

Seriously Messi can't do this at a very high level today?  He moves around all the pitch and always recieve the ball no matter what

12 in Stamina and 14 in Natural Fitness seems very harsh too. I don't thin I need to post what the guides says about that but Messi never had problems to finish games or to drop a technical level or even a physical one, he just picks his moments and can run full speed at the 89th minute without problem. Even less so to have problems being 100% fit for the next game and go for it again.

This attributes seems more an attempt to drop artificially his CA to make a quota that actual research of his attributes and I hope there's still time to fix these. Thanks for reading.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hello Feche,

First, attribute ratings are subjective,

Some attributes you quote are the same as in FM22 (concentration, stamina, natural fitness)

Messi's stats were down last season.

His level of this FM reflects that.

Don't forget that he is still one of the 10 biggest CAs of FM23.

His attributes will be reviewed for the winter patch if Messi continues his good start to the season.

@ludal49 You mention Messi’s stats were last season, now they are back up to a ridiculous level, I am assuming and hoping his CA and stats will be increased accordingly? 

World Cup player of the tournament as well. Going to win yet another Ballon d’Or. His CA should be at least 195. The little genius is still the best. 

Edited by toby14
    Tag