• Thomas Partey

toby14
    • Public Status: Open Files Uploaded: None

Keen to raise the huge disparity between Thomas Partey's ability in real life and in the game. 

In real life, he was a key component in an Atletico Madrid side who boasted the best defensive stats in world football at the time. 

At Arsenal, when he has been fit, he has been as incredible. The difference between Arsenal's win % with and without him is crazy. 74% with and 44% without.

Simply world class, with and without the ball. 

Moving onto his ability in FM, he is barely any better than Elneny. Attributes across the board are much lower than they should, on the game he is decent, nothing more. 

Would love to chat to the person(s) who decided on those attributes. 

Would love his ability in the game to change, to accurately represent his ability in the real world. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello there - firstly it is just untrue to say that Partey is barely better than Elneny in the game.  This is simply not the case.  Arsenal finished 5th last season, 24 points off first place.  As you can imagine, this, broadly speaking, is the basis on which I was instructed to rate the team.  If I had given a huge increase to Partey given the fact he was injured for a lot of last season, it would have been both speculative and inaccurate.  He is rated absolutely fairly given his contribution last season.  Fine to disagree with that, but to frame it like I've made a massive, obvious error is unfair.

I've seen another of your posts in your post history that says you won the Premier League with 98 points in your first season in game as Arsenal.  Well done, that's quite an achievement!  I'm confused as to why at the same time you are asking for a massive increase to player ability, given this?

On 07/11/2022 at 13:10, Dan Ormsby said:

Hello there - firstly it is just untrue to say that Partey is barely better than Elneny in the game.  This is simply not the case.  Arsenal finished 5th last season, 24 points off first place.  As you can imagine, this, broadly speaking, is the basis on which I was instructed to rate the team.  If I had given a huge increase to Partey given the fact he was injured for a lot of last season, it would have been both speculative and inaccurate.  He is rated absolutely fairly given his contribution last season.  Fine to disagree with that, but to frame it like I've made a massive, obvious error is unfair.

I've seen another of your posts in your post history that says you won the Premier League with 98 points in your first season in game as Arsenal.  Well done, that's quite an achievement!  I'm confused as to why at the same time you are asking for a massive increase to player ability, given this?

Appreciate the response, good to have constructive discussions. 

Compare Elneny's overview to Partey's, there really isn't much in it.

Being X amount of points off the league leaders isn't the best way of setting induvial player attributes. If Arsenal go on to win the league this season, Partey isn't a different player from last season and I guess he'd then he'd have all his attributes increases due to his TEAMS league finish? An example, Liverpool have finished miles off the title in the past, would you not rate Steven Gerrard because of it? No he was still a brilliant player with brilliant attributes. 

It's not relevant how good or bad my save went as I'm just seeking more accurate rating but with regards to winning the league with 98 points, I did so without Partey, obviously. I couldn't even sell him. I had to loan him out to Real Madrid to get his wages off the books to reinvest.