• Online Save - constant disconnects - wasn't an issue on FM22

mantorras77
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

My and my buddy always play online saves every FM. We just bought FM23 coming from FM22 where our online save just last week had been working great all year no issues. We just started our online save on FM23 and I'm the host as my speed is 400 and he just constantly drops connection.  His internet speed is 200. We both play on steam and both are set to the same download region.  We are both hardwired to router. I have tried the following:

1) Made sure both pc's have the latest windows updates and all drivers are up to date.

2) Made sure both steam clients are up to date.

3) rebooted both routers

4) online game preferences set to Friends Only

5) I even set up a second pc at my house with FM23 on it and his steam account, had him come over to play and still it would just disconnect on us.

Any ideas? Hope we can get this resolved. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello, we have tried reproducing this with multiple different steam accounts internally and are have no connection issues playing an online game.

Can we ask if you are using an extended connection type like an extended Wi-Fi router or wall LAN?

Can you check the time zones are correct on both PC's?

Can you check your Steam Download settings: - Steam > Settings > Downloads > Download Region

Finally, can you check your Firewall settings, this could be blocking the connection.

11 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, we have tried reproducing this with multiple different steam accounts internally and are have no connection issues playing an online game.

Can we ask if you are using an extended connection type like an extended Wi-Fi router or wall LAN?

Can you check the time zones are correct on both PC's?

Can you check your Steam Download settings: - Steam > Settings > Downloads > Download Region

Finally, can you check your Firewall settings, this could be blocking the connection.

Thanks for the response Zack..

1) No wifi at all. Both pc's are hardwired direct into routers.

2) Time zones are both the same

3) Download regions are the same

4) Nothing changed on firewalls as I mentioned before we were playing FM22 online perfectly fine , never dropped connections until we made the switch over to FM23. Nothing changed other than the game. 

Also would like to add sometimes when my buddy gets disconnected he will be unable to rejoin. I then have to go to online preferences, allow users to join the game change it to No, confirm and then go back and change it to anyone or friends only so he can go back in.   

This is happening so much that its really so frustrating to play. 

Edited by mantorras77

• SI Staff

Hello, thank you for the information.

Can we get the network logs from the host and the client as per these instructions:

In explorer type %localappdata% and press enter
    Click on the folder sports interactive
    Click on the folder [Football Manager title]
    Click on the folder logs
    Copy these two logs DISTRIBUTION_EPIC_CHANNEL and MATCHMAKING_EPIC_CHANNEL
    Add your name to these logs for example “MATCHMAKING_EPIC_CHANNEL john smith”
    Attach these logs with any network issue along with your save file to a support ticket. You can create a support ticket with the link below:

https://fmofficial.support/Ticket

Hi @Zachary Whyte I believe I may have resolved the issue. I took a look at my routers configuration and found some old FM20 Port Forwarding entries in there. I removed them and ever since it's been about 8 straight hours of no disconnects. So I believe I'm all set!  I suggest to others having this issue to do a factory reset of their modem/routers.  Thanks for your help again.

On 30/03/2023 at 22:37, mantorras77 said:

Hi @Zachary Whyte I believe I may have resolved the issue. I took a look at my routers configuration and found some old FM20 Port Forwarding entries in there. I removed them and ever since it's been about 8 straight hours of no disconnects. So I believe I'm all set!  I suggest to others having this issue to do a factory reset of their modem/routers.  Thanks for your help again.

@mantorras77 - me and a friend are having the exact same issue and I know you have identified how to resolve this. I’m not the most tech savvy, could you explain how you do that?  

• SI Staff

Hello @FootballManager7

Can you and your friend please try factory resetting your router. (Note - If you have a custom Wi-Fi name or password this will reset your settings to the default name/password)

To do this, please find out what type/model router you are using and Google how to factory reset that particular model.

(Although we can't guarantee this will resolve your issues, it's certainly worth trying.)