• match results divergence in online saves

abdoulatif2000
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

After every game played i get a critical match error saying divergence have happened. Scores become different from the games actually played. It's happened since the winter update on various online saves we have tried.

divergence.jpeg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Would you be able to upload your save file please so we can investigate this promptly? Ideally one before the match if you happen to have it? 

It happens to me too. I can't play my online save anymore since the winter update. Every game that i play generate this message to the host.

It only happens to my games not to my friend who's hosting the game.

I've uploaded it with the name "Brian Spanoghe - Broadstairs Utd (v02).fm"

• Administrators

Do either of you have specific steps we could follow to reproduce the problem? Did you do anything in particular that you recall that caused it to happen? Anything you can think of would be a big help. 

In my case I didn't do anything special. Just playing my match and when the match is finished and that I've spoke to the team, the host get that message multiple times and then time goes on and we realize that the scores have changed.

3 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Do either of you have specific steps we could follow to reproduce the problem? Did you do anything in particular that you recall that caused it to happen? Anything you can think of would be a big help. 

Yes, try having at least two players online at the same time and play a game. The host will have no issue at the end of his own game but will get the error message. The other players in the online server will get different results than ones from the game they watched/managed.

Hey! I ran into the same issue as well in my network save, & we discovered that it is an issue with specific installations of the game (the error happened on the pc steam version of fm23, but it works perfectly fine on the game pass version, as well as the steam version on my laptop). 

What I ended up doing to fix the issue is to delete all the steamapps FM23 files on my PC, and then verified the integrity of the game files, so it would re-download the game files all over again to hopefully fix it. I just did a quick test with my good friend in a testing online save, & it appears that the issue of seeing different outcomes is no longer an issue.

We play again tonight so I'll let you guys know if it ends up not working out

Update: Looks like that was the fix :)

Edited by caoxide

• SI Staff

Hello @abdoulatif2000from the saves you have provided us, we have been unable to reproduce the issue on our side.

We will need solid steps to try and reproduce, what platforms the users are on. what teams each user is using. what actions result in a divergence.

At the moment, it's just you having this issue when all others are saying the update or reinstalling is fixing the issue.

Can you try reinstalling once more, making sure the host and client are both reinstalling?

After reinstalling can both players please verify your game files as shown in the link below:

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-us/articles/9997753543185