• I'm having issues with online games.

kemiksiz çıtır
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

I play an online save ona  regular basis with a group and before yesterday, on 15th of May i had no problems but yesterday, on 16th of May i couldn't get in to the save. I had the error "Unable to connect to server". I checked my internet connection and I'm was having more than 65 Mbps download and more than 6 Mbps upload. Then I restarted my game, restarted Steam, restarted my PC, checked the integrity of local files from Steam, deleted and reinstalled the game but nothing worked. I thought maybe it is a temporary thing and will be fixed by itself over the night but it didn't. Can you help me as soon as possible please?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Can we check, are you trying to join any online lobby or just your games?

If just your game, can you try and join different lobbies from the join online game page.

Just now, Zachary Whyte said:

If just your game, can you try and join different lobbies from the join online game page.

I'm checking it by trying to join random no password lobbies.

We've run into a similar problem and have been trying to fix it for a few hours now. We're all playing on Steam but the OP also mentioned Steam so I'm a bit confused by the replies here (by SI) - is all network connectivity run through Epic Games services even for Steam/Gamepass players?

I just got two friends to buy the game a few hours ago because we wanted to play an online save together and I'm in a stupid situation now because they're already contemplating a refund (they already have like 80 minutes of "gametime" from us trying to get it working). Me (played FM23 since beta, many online saves without problems) and one of the two other players have absolutely no issue but the third one just get's "joining online game" until it disappears or sometimes "unable to connect to online game" error. We've tried to have him host but when he does both other players get that error.

We also tried to have that player use a mobile hotspot to check if his internet connection is the thing making problems but that didn't solve it.

6 dakika önce, CheJery said:

We've run into a similar problem and have been trying to fix it for a few hours now. We're all playing on Steam but the OP also mentioned Steam so I'm a bit confused by the replies here (by SI) - is all network connectivity run through Epic Games services even for Steam/Gamepass players?

I just got two friends to buy the game a few hours ago because we wanted to play an online save together and I'm in a stupid situation now because they're already contemplating a refund (they already have like 80 minutes of "gametime" from us trying to get it working). Me (played FM23 since beta, many online saves without problems) and one of the two other players have absolutely no issue but the third one just get's "joining online game" until it disappears or sometimes "unable to connect to online game" error. We've tried to have him host but when he does both other players get that error.

We also tried to have that player use a mobile hotspot to check if his internet connection is the thing making problems but that didn't solve it.

It is really unlucky to hear that because the problem started on 16th of May. It is really bad timing on your and your friends' part. I play the game since the beta like you on Steam and also have Xbox Game Pass. Today I installed the game from Game Pass to see if it's working but it didn't. I think Sports Interactive is using Epic Games's servers for all of online lobbies so when Epic Games have a problem in their servers it also affects FM.

This is seriously making me reconsider buying any future FM releases. It seems to make more sense to go back to FM14 with an updated database, at least it has LAN play and this kind of issue would not happen. Super frustrating that they removed such a crucial feature. We were even able to play FM on long plane trips, now you need online access and even when you do, this can happen. Very poor choice.

Edited by tsubus

1 saat önce, tsubus said:

This is seriously making me reconsider buying any future FM releases. It seems to make more sense to go back to FM14 with an updated database, at least it has LAN play and this kind of issue would not happen. Super frustrating that they removed such a crucial feature. We were even able to play FM on long plane trips, now you need online access and even when you do, this can happen. Very poor choice.

This is the 5th day and I'm also thinking of going back to FM22 with an updated database. Last year I played it online every day for 2-3 months and never had a problem, not even a disconnection. This year we've been getting disconnected all the time but we were thinking those were caused by problems in our connections but now I think they're all because Epic Games and their SHIT servers. They only care about Fortnite and don't even bother to give information to a company and players they're providing servers about a serious problem preventing some players to play any online game for 5 days.

20 ore fa, Zachary Whyte ha scritto:

This is current status from Epic.

We're asking Epic for more details, we appreciate your patience with this matter.

Screenshot (400).png

Wow... they are treating you like you were a normal player and not a company... this is embarassing.

12 dakika önce, Dave_Cillo said:

Wow... they are treating you like you were a normal player and not a company... this is embarassing.

SI Staff says they're waiting for information from Epic. That's why I said that. Read the comments before and think a bit before posting something so don't embarrass yourself like this.

2 dakika önce, Dave_Cillo said:

Yeah, it looks like when a normal player "opens a ticket"

Chill down bro <3

It's been 5 days, so I won't chill down. But you can back off.

4 minuti fa, kemiksiz çıtır ha scritto:

It's been 5 days, so I won't chill down. But you can back off.

But I quoted Zachary Whyte not you, so I agree with you ahah, I think you misunderstood

I'm also waiting to play with my friend, and we've been waiting for 5 days! And we're getting tired just as you are :thup:

Just now, Dave_Cillo said:

But I quoted Zachary Whyte not you, so I agree with you ahah, I think you misunderstood

I'm also waiting to play with my friend, and we've been waiting for 5 days! And we're getting tired just as you are :thup:

I'm truly sorry for that then, I misunderstood like you say so I apologize. I'm a bit tense and angry right now because of this.

that's becoming really annoying, wanted to enjoy the long weekend with my friend but instead we are just waiting since 5 days.. 

Haha our group has seriously  considered going out on the streets to protest. Burn some buildings down I dont care we just want a fix :D  How is it still not working??? 

20 ore fa, VitorMalta ha scritto:

È ancora molto grave avere un bug per 5 giorni e nessuno fa nulla per risolverlo

Hello, putting the puzzle pieces together, since the last Fortnite update, Epic Games servers are experiencing issues, along with Football Manager. Epic usually performs maintenance on Tuesdays, so I believe the problem will be resolved on Tuesday... hopefully.

2 hours ago, IlDoc said:

Hello, putting the puzzle pieces together, since the last Fortnite update, Epic Games servers are experiencing issues, along with Football Manager. Epic usually performs maintenance on Tuesdays, so I believe the problem will be resolved on Tuesday... hopefully.

¸If that's true and they did not tell us that we basically need to wait for Tuesday than **** them all I'll never buy anything from Epic again.

3 hours ago, IlDoc said:

I would truly hope that critical bugs are worked on immediately and don't wait a week for them to be fixed. That should be just for optimizations and new features, not for game-breaking bugs. Regardless, my faith in Epic or SI is now almost non-existent. No matter if this is really Epic's fault or not, it is still SI's game and they are the ones who picked Epic for this part of the game, they are still fully responsible for it to be running as expected by paying customers. Not having any sort of backup plan for when something like this happens is amateurish at best. It's not possible that after a week nothing has been done.

Edited by tsubus

On 19.05.2023 at 19:49, Zachary Whyte said:

For the last two days I've been contacting both SEGA Support and Epic Support twice. Epic Support claimed it is not their problem since I use Steam to launch the game both times. On the other hand, the first time I sent a ticket to SEGA Support they didn't say anything about Epic, but the second time i contacted them they said it is an Epic Online Service problem. I'm putting the screenshots I got under this so you can see it yourselves. I don't know what is going on. It feels like nobody cares about the players having problem right now. I want as much people as possible to see this. This is how both Sports Interactive and Epic are treating their customers. 

ss213.png

sss215.png

sss216.png

ss218.png

so it seems that nobody want to take the responsability for this circus ?
    That's sad, the only real loosers here are us, the players, who have been stuck for almost a week now, really boring!
    I'm pretty sure it will take a lot more time to repair the server since nobody seems to know what's the real problem...