• League Records don't update while using a custom database.

mizzoufan69420
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Description: I'm ~7 years into the save, and if I look at league records, they all are blank with the asterisk (which shows that the record is valid from the start of the save)
    Team: Nobody, simulation only.
    Date: July 1st, 2029
    Databases: Custom CONCACAF competitions and Custom Greenland leagues. This bug happens with other databases though.

Save Name: Trapped Players Sim.fm

Not a game-breaking bug, but it's pretty important for simulations or just typical saves.

Please help!

Steps to find error:
    Click any league in the Leagues in Focus tab OR search up a league (all league names start with Greenland)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I've uploaded three:
    #1 Wonderkid vs Salah in Greenland.fmf
    New CONCACAF Comps.fmf
    Greenland.fmf (Not used in save but it doesn't work for this either)

Edited by mizzoufan69420

was there a solution to this?

I've found the problem exists with Custom competitions, If I have a custom database with existing leagues in a custom structure, no issue.

But if I change out an existing league with one created in editor, it does not record 'modern day' records.

Nice to know I'm not alone! (I didn't see this problem in FM15, for what it's worth.)

I've been editing Cape Verde and noticed this too. I made some new divisions for a league pyramid, but those competitions don't get updated records. The first division is a modification of the existing national championships, so those records are updating fine even though I completely changed the format. The main domestic cup is also updating fine, since that's an existing competition.

On 14/03/2023 at 11:19, svw said:

Nice to know I'm not alone! (I didn't see this problem in FM15, for what it's worth.)

I've been editing Cape Verde and noticed this too. I made some new divisions for a league pyramid, but those competitions don't get updated records. The first division is a modification of the existing national championships, so those records are updating fine even though I completely changed the format. The main domestic cup is also updating fine, since that's an existing competition.

Sometimes it has to do with history . With existing leagues the history is there so modern records work . With custom leagues there is no history so the game has nothing to go on . I found the solution was to create a history of 1 year for that league . So put in a fictional winner, runner up and third if its a league and a play off winner if it's in your cup etc along with the year if competition.  The date doesn't matter but put in if season crosses over or not.  Basically the game needs something to overwrite.  

Edited by alian62

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to say that alian62's methods definitely worked for me. As long as I added just 1 previous winner to the history of a totally new custom competition, that competition would have its history updated normally.