• Crash within a few days of a new career using edited file

\'Appy \'Ammer
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Hi, I posted this earlier in the editor's forum but am seeing others have crash issues so maybe related....

I'm in a dilemma, and not sure what to do now? I have been spending the last few weeks preparing an update to my '80s style European competitions' file and I have been nearing completion of the project. I have been doing all testing within the editor, and I verified the file the other night. After the 23.3 update was released I decided to test my new file in the game environment. But after setting up a holiday the game crashes within 2 game days. I have submitted a support ticket and initial advice is to remove all custom files to see if game crashes. The game is fine then, so I have added the folders back one by one, and all is ok until I put back my 80s file. Not good. I loaded a save I had going a month ago using the original database and my 80s file, but that also crashes within 2 days. So any save with my old file or new file involved will now crash the game. 

I decided to verify the file in the fm22 editor to see if it would work. The file works great in fm22 , and i ran a holiday save with no issues overnight for 90 seasons. So something in 23.3 has triggered my file useless. What options do I have?

On advice given I removed Russian and Belarussian nations and teams but the problem still persists. All testing in the pre game editor is fine, it is always when using the game that a crash occurs. Others are getting crashes too after the update and there is no indication what can be causing it. Really appreciate it if someone could look further into the background of these issues. I've done too much editing of this file to give up now. Remember the same file works in fm22, so something has been triggered in this last update. I've provided a file that crashes after setting up a save. Thankyou

1.20020 - 'Appy 1.9101 BASE 23.3.0 FILE seeds work.fmf

User Feedback

Recommended Comments