• Using "CHANGE_PLAYER_NAME" in an .inc-file suddenly changed a newgen's birth date

XaW
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Not quite sure how to report this, but I just experienced something I haven't seen before in an FM. I always use .inc-files to change names to my newgens and it's always worked wonders. However, I just noticed something rather strange.

I had this player come through in an intake

xC6uZ2A.png

And at that point I set a nick name for him in game. Note his birth day is July 10th. After signing I add to my .inc-file like this:

unknown.png

When I started the game next time I noticed that his birth day was changed to something else:

unknown.png

And it's not just this player, it seems to happen to all my newgens as soon as I add them to my .inc-file. I just used this player as an example as I had saved a screenshot of his profile.

I've uploaded my save to the SI cloud, as well as added my .inc-file to this bug report. I also understand that this is quite the corner case considering I am using extra files, but it's still quite a strange one.

newgens.lnc

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Thanks for taking the time to raise this, it's something the team will review. However given the area of the game it affects, will be comparatively a low-ish priority. 

Just wanted to clarify from that perspective as may not be something that can addressed soon. 

Just now, Neil Brock said:

Thanks for taking the time to raise this, it's something the team will review. However given the area of the game it affects, will be comparatively a low-ish priority. 

Just wanted to clarify from that perspective as may not be something that can addressed soon. 

Yeah, no problem there. Don't expect this is the most pressing nor most common issue around! :)