• Player duplicate

extudassex2
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

image.png.5c7c9aff289761b3620a507269842d3d.png image.png.cdc5f97cbde9d1db4442b072aa437655.png image.png.ddd53a7a80bb313b13aca326f272241e.png

Hello!

So, as you can see from the SS above I have this player duplicated everywhere, to the point I can't register him ou give a squad number. For some context, he was without club, I signed him around March of the previous season and clicked the option to have him on trial until the move was permanent. 

Anyone can help?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have had the exact same issue. I am playing as Atletico Ottawa in the Canadian Premier League. I have THREE players who have duplicated ahead of my third season. When I attempt to register them in the league, they each count as two players. They also count double against the salary cap. When I go to play them in a match, I am unable to assign them a squad number like in the post above. All of the players were signed with the option of having the player join on trial until they joined the club permanently, as in the original post. I have seen online that a solution is to drop the duplicated player down to a youth team, and they will be un-duplicated when you call them back up. This would not work for me as Atletico Ottawa do not have a youth team. This is a game-breaking bug, and I am unable to continue with my save. I can upload my save file later.

Edited by Ottletti

On 27/03/2023 at 06:10, Kyle Brown said:

Appreciate you letting us know - as soon as you get a chance to upload that save file we'll take a look promptly. 

Hello, I uploaded my save file using the link above from Zachary Whyte. The file was called Atletico Ottawa - Duplicated Player Bug.fm . In this save, Richie Ennin, Brian Galvan, and Kamal Miller are duplicated. If you try to continue in the save and play the next game with the selected lineup, (that includes Kamal Miller and Richie Ennin), you will see the problem. I am unable to continue past the "assigning squad numbers" screen due to the duplicated player bug. Thank you for your help.

On 31/03/2023 at 06:49, Kyle Brown said:

Thank you, I'll pass this over to our team. :)

Is it possible to have the save file fixed and returned to me so that I can continue playing? Or is uploading the save file just for the team to review and try to fix the bug in a future release? I would really appreciate it if I can continue playing the game.

@Kyle Brown I'm having the same issue (free transfer on trial until they can sign in the next window) screenshot and save file uploaded (Schalke.fm) - I have the in game editor, have tried various options (release and resign, future transfer etc) but nothing seems to resolve the issue.

Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 12.11.49 pm.png

Edited by emandtee

• SI Staff

Hello @Ottletti

We've investigated your save, this issue looks to have been caused by your custom database.

I've tried messing around with the IGE to try and remove and players, resign them etc. Unfortunately no luck. 

What I can offer you is, I can give your team some money to spend to make up for the lost players.

@Zachary Whyte Thank you for your response. That won't be necessary, I went back on a previous save and played on from there.

To note, I did not have any custom database or external files loaded whatsoever. Not even logopacks, facepacks, nothing at all. The save was purely with the base game, and I have in fact never used any external files with FM23.

So, the problem is purely an issue with base game. And through my own testing and from what I have read from others, the problem is this:

When signing a player who is not set to join right away and does not currently have a club, you have the option to "Have the player join on trial until the move". Selecting this may cause the player to become duplicated when they do eventually join the club, It does not happen every time, but it happened to me 3/6 times, so the issue is prevalent. A fix is to drop the player down to the youth team and recall them, however this is not a solution when managing a side that does not have a youth team (like Atletico Ottawa, whom I was managing). 

Having reloaded the save to an earlier point and not selecting the "Have the player join on trial until the move" option, there was no issue.

To restate, this is a prevalent and game-breaking issue in the base game, and should be addressed ASAP.

• SI Staff

Thank you for the update and detailed information. 

We'll put this under review, if possible do you have a copy of your save from that earlier point where you didn't select the "Have the player join on trial until the move"?