• No new stadium, no matter what?

Toro
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I wonder if there really is a hard cap on x years for a club to build new stadium? I am York City in 2034. I have won the PL, the CL twice, the club is ritch, and of course sell out the 12k stadium every single game and ofc has a fanbase much lager than 12k. I can ask for a new stadium, but they never say anything than the current match ambitions. I know from previous FM-games that there has been a 25 years hard cap on any new stadium. But I thought that was removed as it is rediculus. If this really happend, the club would have planned a new stadium 10 years ago in my save. The current stadium was built in 2019. so, do i have to wait until 2039? Or 2044? This is really a weird limitation to put into practice. And if there is no hard cap, then there is a bug preventing the club to try to build a new stadium. 

Its kinda demotivating building a club and being stuck (unrealistically) with such a nation league stadium... 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Didnt mention, but i got almost 40.000 waiting on season tickets with already 11.000 having. So thats 51.000 just season tickets. I got 60 million social media followers. So, it should warrent a 60k stadium at least. 

The club is also sometimes given take-over talk, but it never end up in anything. So it does not seem like that will help either. it is a bit silly that a club is limited by a somewhat new stadium when you start the game. And you then would have to wait 20-25 years? 

On 27/03/2023 at 18:02, Zachary Whyte said:

Thank you for the information and save file. We will put this under review.

Have this been looked at? Am in 2041, just got an internal takeover, but no stadium. Current match ambitions. Its just so anoying and is ruining the game. 

Edited by Toro

is there a way for me to allow the in-game editor in this save game? I have spesifically not allowed it, but since the game is "broken", i should perhaps fix it. But i do not know of a way of enabling it. I guess its not possible. 

• SI Staff

Hello, unfortunately because the editor is not allowed on that save file the IGE can't be used.

We're still investigating your save, we apologise for the inconvenience. 

Update: Now in 2045 (York Community Stadium was built in 2019), the board has finally decided to build a new stadium with 60k capacity, humbly named after me. But its supposed to be ready in 2049, so 30 years after current stadium was built, and after 25 years or so in PL with sold out 12k stadium for 20 years and a good economy despite stadium size (because of selling youth recruitment). Id say there is something a bit off with how this is done. I think in the future i just have to have editor enabled.

update; 2049 and new 66k stadium, perfect itimate wide corners are finalizes. 20 years in PL with 12k. have supporters for 80k. hope this is improved for fm24!