• Inexplicable Player Status

gunnerfan
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

I'm playing as Vigo. One of my players, Denis Suarez, had been left off the team's training camp roster (my oversight) and so he was not available for friendlies played during training camp. But now training camp has ended, and when I go to include him in the lineup for a friendly, I see a status of "Unavailable to play club football from 28/7/2022 to 5/1/2023". Prior to the end of training camp, his status only said, "Unavailable, not invited to training camp".

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

To the best of my understanding, Denis Suarez has had a falling out with the board and there is some refusal to make him available for selection by the board. The unavailability period would cover until the next window when the hopes would be that he departs the club (although apparently so far he has refused to leave).

2 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

To the best of my understanding, Denis Suarez has had a falling out with the board and there is some refusal to make him available for selection by the board. The unavailability period would cover until the next window when the hopes would be that he departs the club (although apparently so far he has refused to leave).

Isn't that something that should be mentioned on his Happiness screen? Of more immediate concern, is his salary still being counted against my budget?

Thanks.

• SI Staff

I'm only basing this on what I've read on news sites myself, but Suarez doesn't actually want to leave. We don't really have a way of reflecting an acrimonious break down in working relations between a player and club owner. The best fit I can guess is the unavailability takes it out of the managers hands, which is a reflection of the current situation. 

Then perhaps it shouldn't have an impact at all, other than the player's mentality. Presumably, a new manager would have the opportunity to change the situation. Just a thought. Thanks for the response.

13 hours ago, gunnerfan said:

Then perhaps it shouldn't have an impact at all, other than the player's mentality. Presumably, a new manager would have the opportunity to change the situation. Just a thought. Thanks for the response.

The breakdown is between the board and Suarez, not the manager. Who the manager is, is rather irrelevant in that scenario. The board is telling the manager not to select him.