• African Nations not generating regens anymore

ClemB
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

Im 2 years into the game and nations like Nigeria, Ivory Coast and Egypt have not generated a single regens. It was the case already in FM21. Apparently, this could be intended?

But this raises several issues:

- A representation issue as national teams of these countries have to rely exclusively on bi-nationals from European Countries whereas in real life, African NT tend to be a mix of bi-nationals and local players. 

- It makes really difficult recruitment for teams from smaller leagues (typically Eastern European leagues or Asian leagues) as African-based players are some of the best talents they can attract for a cheap price. If you browse the leagues of lets say, Bulgaria, Latvia and Romania, you will see a large contingent of African players. These players play a key role in the recruitment strategy of lesser known clubs and I would argue big clubs as well as we have seen several Premier League teams poaching African-based talents. 

Here's the current squad of Riga FC (Latvian League). As you can see there are lot of foreigners, including a bunch of African players and South American players. These kind of players would be impossible to attract ingame without loading players from African and South American Leagues (making the database very heavy).

1441898819_Capturedecran2022-11-22a12_10_03.thumb.png.1269f0b2815a1b2234a48262152363af.png

- As a result of these 2 problems, African Nations tend to weaken over time, especially if they dont have a lot of bi-nationals in European League, and clubs from lesser know clubs weaken as well without this source of cheap talent.

I would argue this also apply to Asian and North American Nations but it's less noticeable as they provide less imports IRL.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Thanks for sharing this with us. There's going to be some subjectivity in this as database settings, active leagues and such will have an impact. Our QA team will take a look into this issue further though and get an understanding of what is happening.

• Administrators

Hey ClemB, sorry you haven't had a response so far to this. Our team did look at it but seems there was an oversight on communicating that back to you!

Do you have a save file where numbers of any particular nation drops significantly? The amount of newgens generated depends on the number of players at the start of the game, but we'll investigate your example and make sure all is in order.

Hello! No it's pretty much the case in all my saves. My setup is usually all the top European leagues + 10 additional European Leagues and a large database.

Right now i'm playing in Finland and Egypt and Iran still haven't generated a single newgen after 3 seasons.