• No pre-match tactics and incomplete substitute list

Brown13
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Hello everyone. After the 23.3.0 update I encountered 2 problems that never happened: 1) The game does not allow for the usual "tactical" pre-game preparation but, at the top right, it directly offers the "play" button 2) The game list offers the eleven players and only 7 substitutes, although I have entered 12. I have re-installed 3 times (both Steam and FM), cleaning the system of all folders and registry entries, I have checked the correct functioning of the graphics card and Java, but the problem remains. If I use a save made before the 23.3.0 update it works perfectly. These are errors that make the game impossible.

Can someone help me?

Thank you very much.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hello,

I haven't posted the screen of the other error because I think the explanation provided in my first post is enough (the game skips the preparation of the match where it is possible to set tactics and players and the word "play" appears at the top right).

Thanks again, regards.

Hello.

Waiting for your opinion, I did another test:

Uninstalling FM2023 and Steam, complete cleaning of residual installation files and registry keys (using 2 specific software), reinstall FM2023 and Steam, added exclusion on antivirus software for path: C:\Users\userprofile\Documents\Sports Interactive.

The problem hasn't been resolved.

Another problem: I obviously downloaded the game from Steam (I assume that the complete download also includes the minor update 23.3.1 of March 7, 2023) but version 23.3 appears on the game's homepage (I am attaching 3 screenshots taken on March 7,the same problem happened today too).

I am also sending you with ownCloud the latest game file di oggi (named: Test 16032023.fm).

Thanks, best regards.

Screen1.jpg

Screen2.jpg

Screen3.jpg

@Zachary Whyte

Further update on the issue.

I had a test: I stepped down from one club, waited for an opportunity and managed a different club (just before the winter transfer market).

The problem has been fixed temporarily, until the start of the next pre-season. At the first friendly match, the problem reappeared again.

Any idea about it?

Thanks

I thought it would be good to bumb this: I also had a similar issue yesterday with my subs not appearing in a friendly (see post attached). I was allowed to have 15 subs and I had like 12 subs but only 7 shown ingame.

Also in the team talks in my friendlies some of the subs would not appear in the dressing room.

Hi BobDor.

Yesterday I too finally solved the problem that prevented me from carrying out the pre-match operations and correctly displaying the list of substitutes (I use 12 out of 15). I always started the new season with two friendlies, against the under 18 team and against the under 20 team. At the moment, the only solution is not to play friendly matches with these teams, with any other "external" team it's ok. I will report the bug to the Bug Tracker team. Thanks for sharing, best regards.

I played 2 friendlies so far first was against the U18 indeed and there I missed half of the subs in-game yeah. Second game was against some other Welsh amateur team and there only 1 player was missing in the team talk if I remember correctly, but I was able to have all subs in-game, so that did work.

Good.
    It is still necessary for the development team to find a solution to the bug, even if (finally) it is possible to play a complete season without problems.
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    Best regards.

Not sure if this also happens in league or cup games or only friendlies against your own youth teams in the season, I do not hope so, I only played the first 2 friendlies now.

I hope too.
    But I think the bug is limited to family friendlies.
    Another positive indication is that among the various tests I've done, one in particular was to resign as manager and wait for another offer.
    By accepting an offer at the end of December and never having any family friendlies (which I only did in pre-season) it all worked out perfectly.
    At the beginning of the following season, with the two friendlies against under 18 and under 20, the problem reappeared and I couldn't understand why.
    Yesterday morning, starting the pre-season against a Slovenian minor team, everything worked out.
    Even your post comforts me that we are on the right track.
    Ball to the bug tracker technicians for a definitive solution, even if it is now playable.
    HI

I think the conclusion for now is to not play friendlies against your U18 or other youth teams.

I think I never encountered this earlier in other FMs I played (FM15 until FM22). So is this a new bug?

Just avoid friendly matches with the youth teams, until a solution is found, but at least it's playable. Certainly it is a new bug, I have been playing FM for more than ten years, it has never happened to me before.