• Cup Draw Logos have inconsistent alignment and ordering

Foot
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Issue: The formatting of the cub draw screen (see screenshot below), and presumably other fixture screens, has extreme inconsistencies.

image.thumb.png.cc4983c548cf2e5833699ca6dd92d8c2.png

I'll use the follow acronyms to help in my explanation:

• LL: league logo
    • LN: league name
    • TL: Team logo
    • TN: Team name
    • S: big space
    • |v|: the 'v' symbol padded by a small space on both sides

I assume the display should conform to the following rules:

1. Fixture displays should be left-right symmetrical around the VS element
    2. Fixture displays for any row 'i' should be identical to any other row 'j'
    3. Elements in a given 'column' should be of the same type, and should be aligned
    4. Spacing should be used to group like elements together, and separate unlike elements

All rows break all of the rules.

Consider the first row, which contains: (LL, LN, S, TN, TL) |v| (TN, S, TL, LN, LL)

This row breaks Rule 1: (LL, LN, S, TN, TL) on the left-hand side is not symmetrical to the reversed right-hand side (LL, LN, TL, S, TN).

Now consider the second row, which contains (LN, LL, S, TN, TL) |v| (TN, S, TL, LN, LL).

This row also breaks Rule 1 to a greater extent:  as (LN, LL, S, TN, TL) on the left-hand side is not symmetrical to the reversed right-hand side (LL, LN, TL, S, TN).

It also breaks Rule 2: first row left-hand side (LL, LN, S, TN, TL) is not equal to the second row left-hand side (LN, LL, S, TN, TL). This is true for all other rows when compared to the first row.

Additionally Rule 3 is broken in all rows, given that the columns contained mixed elements (column 1 has an LL in the first row, followed by LN in the remaining rows) and the alignments seem broken for all LN, LL columns.

Rule 4 is broken by all rows on the right-hand side, as the S element should always separate (LL, LN) and (TL, TN) pairs, but the right-hand side space creates the visual groups of (TN) and (TL, LN, LL), which is visually disruptive.

I will note that I'm using a custom graphics in the form of small logos, but I don't imagine they would impact the UI of the game in breaking the above rules.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments