• Slightly Higher Tempo in Tactics instead of Standard

Acheron
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

When in the 'Tactics' screen using the left hand side menu, go to 'In Possession' and then where you see 'Tempo' - the very middle setting is called 'Slightly Higher': 

957709506_FM23Bugs.thumb.jpeg.0c68b3cd5170a762f068c4719b76d495.jpeg

On FM22 it was actually called 'Standard':

683553348_FM23SlightlyHigherTempo.thumb.jpeg.59fb50a5a80ff4e9cd2d8d970bcf90a0.jpeg

and when you increase it by 1 click, it is also called 'Slightly Higher'.

1482728304_FM23Bugs.thumb.jpeg.8966af952304beae0578c7c5cb3a5c4c.jpeg

I don't see why there would be 2 x 'Slightly Higher' settings instead of having one of them be called 'Standard' as in FM22.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I could be wrong, but to my understanding of these pictures is the first you have selected "Attacking" mentality meaning the "standard" of temp is slightly higher as a default. On FM22 as you've pictured the mentality is set to "Balanced" meaning the "standard" tempo is more composed and geared towards the overall tactic, player role and individual player instructions. When increasing by 1 with "Attacking" mentality it shifts the tempo above the "standard" (meaning what the temp is, here is listed 'Slightly Higher as default because you are attacking with more intent) and more towards an overall tempo you wish the entire team to play by, I would assume now excluding player instructions and roles. When the slider is in the middle on "any" mentality, that I believe is a more 'guideline' that also incorporates players duties, roles and personal instructions. When shifted less or more, its geared towards a more overall team instruction. Again, I could be wrong.

On 25/10/2022 at 14:34, Daz2205 said:

I could be wrong, but to my understanding of these pictures is the first you have selected "Attacking" mentality meaning the "standard" of temp is slightly higher as a default. On FM22 as you've pictured the mentality is set to "Balanced" meaning the "standard" tempo is more composed and geared towards the overall tactic, player role and individual player instructions. When increasing by 1 with "Attacking" mentality it shifts the tempo above the "standard" (meaning what the temp is, here is listed 'Slightly Higher as default because you are attacking with more intent) and more towards an overall tempo you wish the entire team to play by, I would assume now excluding player instructions and roles. When the slider is in the middle on "any" mentality, that I believe is a more 'guideline' that also incorporates players duties, roles and personal instructions. When shifted less or more, its geared towards a more overall team instruction. Again, I could be wrong.

Hi Daz,

Thanks for your reply and explanation. sorry I'm just noticing it now. I didn't notice that I had different mentality settings, I do fluctuate between the 2 depending on the opponent but hoped to have identical tactics for the purpose of the bug reporting.

I've booted up FM22 and FM23 again and edited to make sure both mentality's are set to attacking, and the problem persists unfortunately.

Here's FM 22 with attacking mentality,  and tempo set to highest level for example - you can see even at the highest tempo it is described as 'extremely high':

FM22.thumb.png.4dc88400368f1801375362c6f2818147.png

Now here is FM23 with the same tactic and with the same mentality, also at the highest tempo setting - you can see here it is only described as 'higher'.FM23.thumb.png.ff8a17e12769dcee071d390dbf5938a8.png

It seems to me they have slowed down the play in FM23 overall?

I believe this to be intentional, with FM23 if you slide up a notch on Mentality to “Very Attacking” the highest tempo changes to ‘Much Higher’ (excuse potentially wrong wording, currently going off memory as I’m not at the computer). But with Very Attacking naturally the tempo would get quicker as opposed to a normal standardised mentality of just ‘attacking’. As mentioned I believe this year to be more intentional with some of these subtle changes much like ‘High Press’ is the highest default. So if you wish the most highest of tempo’s you would need to be ‘very attacking’, I assume to be used in the most dire of circumstances.