• Not many formations faced

JamieTC13
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I don't know if this is normal but i think there isn't much variation going on with this game with just 6 different formations faced in 49 games 

Untitled.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

In some senses I feel it could perhaps be a reflection of the fact clubs have drifted towards fairly common set-ups. However, its something the QA team will take a look over and see if they're happy with the figures. A lot of this does come from the data side though, as researchers will set managers preferred formations based upon how they frequently line up. 

On 11/01/2023 at 07:41, Michael Sant said:

In some senses I feel it could perhaps be a reflection of the fact clubs have drifted towards fairly common set-ups. However, its something the QA team will take a look over and see if they're happy with the figures. A lot of this does come from the data side though, as researchers will set managers preferred formations based upon how they frequently line up. 

Well... a part of the problem is that the AI never uses their second pref formation at the start of a game, no matter how bad they underperform with their pref formation.

Some flexibility to AI using formations would be welcome

7 hours ago, andu1 said:

Well... a part of the problem is that the AI never uses their second pref formation at the start of a game, no matter how bad they underperform with their pref formation.

Some flexibility to AI using formations would be welcome

That is exactly what i would like to see, just all around better AI

Sadly the data produced in the analyst reports is incorrect anyway and has no correlation to what happens in the match engine.

The data used in these reports is used from the same source of information as the below screenshot which is incorrect 100% of the time.

By hovering over the formation in fixtures the data suggests that the AI switch to their second formation in every single match which is clearly wrong as the AI very rarely (if ever) switch to their second formation. This data is then used in the analyst reports.

So if you think the lack of AI variety is bad in the screenshot you have provided then sadly the reality is the variety is even less when you consider that the data in them reports is on the basis that the AI switch to 2nd formation in every single match. 

I have reported this to SI (see below thread) and i'm sure they will tell us it is "Under Review". I'm also sure we'll be talking about the same issue in FM24 because this data issue has been prevalent for years now :).

image.thumb.png.b699af2b8ec10067313fac8f384ce858.png

Edited by Luke1988