• Missing 60% or More Penalties

Dan4spurs
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I have noticed, since I started playing the game last month, that penalties are under a 50% chance of scoring, I had 3 penalties in a game (somehow) Kane missed on and so did Bissouma. My worry and annoyance is, Harry Kane is one of the best penalty takers in the world in real life, yet misses over half of his penalties on FM23, this bug also happened in FM22 and was fixed with a patch, this needs to be fixed as ruins the realism and affects my players goal tally. Especially as AI players like Haaland can't seem to miss! The algorithm needs looking at to increase the success rate for penalties scored based on their Finishing, Composure and Penalty Taking, which Kane has 19, 18 and 20!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I've noticed this too. Feels like something that's only started since the new patch but cannot confirm for sure.

In my current season (all on this ME), I've played 19 games, had 8 penalties, scored 3 and missed 5.

Edited by albanie.

Found this thread when googling to see if anyone else was reporting it. Kane has missed 4 on the bounce for me, which is kind of impressive for someone with 20 penalty taking, 19 finishing and a tonne of strong mental stats.