• Combining Swap Positions and Personalised Roles Issue

Cosafish
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

So I have a novel idea in my save where my tactic revolves around ultimate fluidity, this issue is probably best explained with an example:

I have two AM's (AMCR, AMCL) with two different roles (e.g. SS(At), EG(Su) ) and player instructions (e.g. dribble more, roam from position, etc.) and I use the "Swap positions with..." function with these two positions. However, when they swap positions I would like them to keep their initial role and instructions specific to that players original position. i.e. If i have a shadow striker on the left and an enganche on the right and I set these two positions to swap, my ideal end result is an enganche on the left and shadow striker on the right - these roles are inherenely different and a good shadow striker would probably make for a poor enganche and vice versa. To do this I thought of using personalised instructions for specific players in those roles, so after these two players swap the personalised roles kick in and everything changes on its own.

The problem occurs after the players swap once, the personalised roles stop position swapping from ever being allowed to happen. So 15 minutes into a game my AM's swap and never revert back. This can be seen on the "player" tab on tactics when you select "personalised" the button at the bottom with the option to change positions gets replaced by coaches advice and the name of their current role for some reason.

Perhaps this is a known issue, there was a similar thread a few years ago but I guess the issue was never solved: 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Has there been any updates to this, ive been trying to apply a mixture of minimum and maximum width but this problem has been effecting my attempts of having a team play with fluctuating width

On 24/05/2023 at 00:12, Miragepredator said:

Has there been any updates to this, ive been trying to apply a mixture of minimum and maximum width but this problem has been effecting my attempts of having a team play with fluctuating width

I still have not found this to work

On 11/07/2023 at 16:33, Miragepredator said:

I still have not found this to work

Seeing as FM24 is nearing, id like to point out that this problem is still occuring

Edited by Miragepredator