• AI managers little to no squad rotation: again?

abcdf
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I have posted for months some years ago, I think it was FM16, about the fact that AI managers are dumb and never change their starting 11 even with super tired and out of shape players. After 7 years, barely anything has changed. This year one of the HEADLINE features was smarter AI and what am I seeing? AI Managers that are dumber than ever, they literally play the same team every game, even in the first part of 2022/23 seasons where there are supposed to rotate since they have a game every 3-4 days.

Is SI aware of this issue? Weren't smarter AI managers one of the biggest features this year? I struggle to understand how can you prodly announce something like that and then come out with FM16 AI. Incredibile

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'm seeing this too. Have some good players out on loan but they aren't even getting 1 appearance  after 10 to 15 games despite being good enough and despite me complaining to their manager. Also seeing my B team manager not rotating so same 11 (often not the best players either). My 3 top prospects in the b team haven't featured yet

Can someone from SI tell us something about this? The bug is there. The AI rotation is non existent and got a lot worse than it was in FM 22.

I am still flabbergasted since better AI was supposed to be an "headline feature"

7 ore fa, Zachary Whyte ha scritto:

Hello, could you please provide us with some screenshots or a save file so we can investigate, thank you.

I can indeed, but it is just a common fact. Managers do not rotate. Just load up a random save and you'll see AI constantly employing the same 11, with the other players only being subbed in. You can check it yourself with a random save

I uploaded a savegame named "no rotation ai". You can notice it yourself. Even teams that in reality rotate a lot (for example, FIorentina's attacking line) because they have european games, in FM always use the same striker. Even in roles where they have players of similar value, that should be in competition between each other to start every game. The AI just picks one, and the other one never plays. In the savegame I uploaded, you can have a look at Artur Cabral: Never playing. The manager is always playing Jovic. While in reality, FIorentina manager is almost always switching between Jovic, Cabral and Kouame, that are constantly competing for a spot in the starting eleven. 

Completely ridicoulous, where is the "Improved AI" Headline feature? The AI is exactly the same, if not worse, than previous games. I will be returning the game soon. I am done for this year.

Edited by abcdf

The issue is still there, AI managers choices are still too "hierarchical" and sticky and allow for little to not flexiblity. There is too much of a clear cut distinction between first-string players and reserves. I attach the screenshot of a 161CA Julian Alvarrez who almost at the end of the season only started 3 games out of 33 in the league. Same for Rihad Mahrez as you can see. He played a grand total of 6 games in the whole league.

This means that the players used in their place basically started every single game for the whole season.

And in this specific database I am using I gave a 20 in the "squad rotation" attribute to every single manager to try and make it more realistic, so this can be considered as a "best case" scenario. 

no rotation.PNG

no rotation 2.PNG

Edited by abcdf