• Lenovo Tab 11+ 2D choppy

Invisible Witness
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

Message added by Desmond Richardson,

Please be aware that these comments were copied here from another source and that the date and time shown for each comment may not be accurate.

Just got this tablet and 2D looks choppy or at least not as smooth as on iPad. Anyone else playing FMM on this tablet? 

Wondering what could the issue be ? Any help appreciated, thx .

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

So i turned off option "Render Stadium" and that seems to help and the dots are moving smoother now however there is a big gap on screen behind each net. I tried option Stretch Display but it's still the same. 

BTW: I didn't see Render Stadium option when I was playing on my older iPad. Is it strictly for androids? Also on my iPad there is no big gaps behind nets. 

Surprised that new Android tablet can't handle 2D...

Any recommendations what other android tablet will handle 2D with no problem? 

IMG_20220521_104940.jpg

• SI Staff

Choppiness generally happens when the resolution of a tablet isn't matched by the processing power it has, some new tablets have ludicrously high resolution but the processor hasn't increased in spec to the same degree as the resolution.

For example if you have a 1024x768 screen with processor A, but then go to 2048x1536 on a new system then you are shoveling 4x as many pixels to the screen each frame ... if the processor is only twice as fast as 'processor A' on the original device then you might see a little jerkiness in some cases, as always we'll keep optimizing things and do our best to keep you running smoothly in the future.

2 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Choppiness generally happens when the resolution of a tablet isn't matched by the processing power it has, some new tablets have ludicrously high resolution but the processor hasn't increased in spec to the same degree as the resolution.

For example if you have a 1024x768 screen with processor A, but then go to 2048x1536 on a new system then you are shoveling 4x as many pixels to the screen each frame ... if the processor is only twice as fast as 'processor A' on the original device then you might see a little jerkiness in some cases, as always we'll keep optimizing things and do our best to keep you running smoothly in the future.

What about Stretch Display option? I'm playing without Stadium view but would like to stretch the view to full screen to cover empty grass view behind nets. It doesn't seem to work that option .

Looking for this view:

ipad-2d-match-goal2ddac5eb5656c815.jpg

• SI Staff

Stretch display is an option for Android devices with non-standard resolutions largely - simply put we implement a variety of skins for the game at different common resolutions (960x640, 800x480, 1024x768, HDTV etc.) ... however there are always some we don't have covered ...

The game will still run on those devices but will place the application centrally within the screen with a black bordered around it by default - 'stretch screen' tells the app to scale the screen up to whatever the devices native resolution is.

This is left as an option as on some devices (notably very thin letterbox phones) it can warp the text and make it fat/thin which looks odd.

(so sorry but its not intended to reposition the pitch on the match, its for another issue - I'll see what I can do about that for next years version if I've time though, no promises though as I'm rather stacked with work already)

• SI Staff

Hello @Invisible Witness. Would you be able to let us know what version of Android your Lenovo Tab 11 is currently running? Also, could you check and see if you have any other apps running in the background while you're playing the game?