• Loss of player career history data pre 2021/22

Wolflikeme
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

Message added by Desmond Richardson,

Please be aware that these comments were copied here from another source and that the date and time shown for each comment may not be accurate.

I was enjoying the game, but why has this been removed? From memory, I’m pretty sure it was available in the beginning of the game. Only individual player career history from 21/22 onwards is now shown. I often like to look at this data and will sometimes aim for a player to reach ‘x’ amount of games at my club.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Would you mind posting some screenshots to explain what you're seeing - histories should be retained throughout the careers for players in all normal gameplay circumstances, later in games however some players might have started after 2021 and so won't have histories for seasons they weren't playing during.

2 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Would you mind posting some screenshots to explain what you're seeing - histories should be retained throughout the careers for players in all normal gameplay circumstances, later in games however some players might have started after 2021 and so won't have histories for seasons they weren't playing during.

Sure. This is the 33/34 season. Both careers are scrolled to the beginning. As you can see the history data begins in 22/23. The same applies to every player in the game. They don't have any career history before 22/23.

If i start a new game the pre 21/22 data is there. Not entirely sure when this data was lost on this save, I’d guess at 32/33 season.

3E08DF4F-EA1C-4095-8FE4-6EFFE34F51F8.png

14F696B7-6A40-4076-94EB-8721E6D93FC3.png

• SI Staff
    5 minutes ago, Wolflikeme said:

Sure. This is the 33/34 season. Both careers are scrolled to the beginning. As you can see the history data begins in 22/23. The same applies to every player in the game. They don't have any career history before 22/23.

If i start a new game the pre 21/22 data is there. Not entirely sure when this data was lost on this save, I’d guess at 32/33 season.

That is interesting - would you mind indicating what leagues you have active and if possible send in the save game.

(there are a finite number of 'history slots' within the game but they shouldn't ever be exhausted, if they are then the game will quietly purge some which it doesn't think will be missed, but (1) they should be of minor players who are inactive/near retirement, (2) that fallback code has never been noted as triggering previously ... so I'm very interested in knowing whats caused it in your game, it shouldn't affect gameplay at all obviously - but it'd be good to sort out)

7 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

That is interesting - would you mind indicating what leagues you have active and if possible send in the save game.

(there are a finite number of 'history slots' within the game but they shouldn't ever be exhausted, if they are then the game will quietly purge some which it doesn't think will be missed, but (1) they should be of minor players who are inactive/near retirement, (2) that fallback code has never been noted as triggering previously ... so I'm very interested in knowing whats caused it in your game, it shouldn't affect gameplay at all obviously - but it'd be good to sort out)

England, Germany, Spain, Italy and France.

I’m fairly sure that i noticed it the season prior (32/33) I’m also pretty sure that 21/22 career history was present at that time (everything before that was eradicated). Perhaps suggests that there’s only 11/12 years of career history data from this point. And a seasons worth of career history will disappear every season.

It’s never been a problem in previous editions of the game. I’ve had players at 45 years old with full career history in the past. 

How do i send you the saved game? Thank you.

This seems to be a problem even earlier in the game. I’ve started a new career and seven seasons in, there is no career history for any player pre 2017/18.

Checked the previous edition of the game (20/21) and there is no issues with lost player career history. I don't ever recall it being an issue before. I’ve just sent my current save in for you to take a look at. Cheers.

Any movement with regards to this issue? Like i say, i sent my saved game in. I suspect that this is not an isolated incident. Is anybody else able to check their games? Obviously, you’d need to be 7+ seasons into a save and preferably be able to check the career data of a player who started out in the game. Thanks.

As James has pointed out above, this is still being investigated by the dev team at this present time. We will provide updates on the status of this issue as and when we can.