• Possible loan problem /translation problem maybe

Lukas27
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Trying to describe the issue as good as possible...

Loaning a player it says fee when playing for example i chose 0€ ; fee when not playing is often high (sometimes almost like bugusing), maximum was 24,5 million/month when not playing.

Now you loan the player for these conditions. He plays 1% of all minutes possible in a month. When it says fee when not playing i would now supose I don't have to pay anything cause 1% is not 0.

Otherwise there a 2 reasons I'm asking whether this is correct. On the one hand you get this scaled in percent. But if it is just yes or no (played/didn't play) then why in percent.

Second thing is I often lose lots of money and don't see where it goes and I suspect from these "death-deals" money has to be paid but is shown nowhere. Could that be possible?

Meaning for a example player plays 10% and you agree on a fee of 10 Million when not playing you have to pay 9 million.

Could this be checked/answered?

Thanks and Best regards

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Kyle Brown:

Do you have a save file you could provide with this specific example? Will be easier for us to look into it. :)

I uploaded our save(it's an onlive save) . But the question regadring this system could be answered straight away?Why using a percentage of play info when it's not relevant and just a question of yes or no?

Thanks to the team. Filename: 

• Rule the world 2.fm

• Administrators

It's not something I'm well versed in myself, and if it should be scaled rather than just a yes/no, then we'll need our Transfers team to look at the save file and make changes where appropriate.

That said, in the first instance, the reason the unused fee can often be high for a loan as the players parent club get's no benefit if the player doesn't get game time. They're being sent out on development, and if the loaning club isn't developing them through gametime, they need an insurance/compensation. 

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Kyle Brown:

It's not something I'm well versed in myself, and if it should be scaled rather than just a yes/no, then we'll need our Transfers team to look at the save file and make changes where appropriate.

That said, in the first instance, the reason the unused fee can often be high for a loan as the players parent club get's no benefit if the player doesn't get game time. They're being sent out on development, and if the loaning club isn't developing them through gametime, they need an insurance/compensation. 

Hey Kyle,

I fully understand what you mean, of course clubs would need some assurance. But it's just not what the game says. It says loan fee when playing and loan fee(per month) when not playing. It doesn't say anything about how long the player has to be on the pitch.

So if I play him 1% of all possible minutes he played and no fee would have to be paid. That's why I'm asking about the percentage scale. If you have to pay him according to the percentage he played or not then it's just explained wrong!

If you click on a loaned players profile in your team you can see the percentage he played. And I suppose I have to pay a lot of money which is not shown anywhere for players I loaned that don't play 100%

• Administrators

Ahh I see what you're saying now, and while I do agree, it's not how we've been informed that real contracts have been structed. 

We always try and mimic reality, and while I personally like the idea of scaling it isn't the done thing in the footballing world at the moment, and thus would break immersion. 

Am 12.9.2022 um 12:57 schrieb Kyle Brown:

Ahh I see what you're saying now, and while I do agree, it's not how we've been informed that real contracts have been structed. 

We always try and mimic reality, and while I personally like the idea of scaling it isn't the done thing in the footballing world at the moment, and thus would break immersion. 

So you mean in footbaling world it's just a question of playing or not playing and it's not scaled in form of percentage?

But why is the info in FM then given in percentage when it's not relevant? And I still feel that huge amounts of money ran away this way.

And another question related to that. What happens when there are month you don't play a game. Percentage is always 0% then..?

• Administrators

For the vast majority I believe - yes - but if you know of any other individual cases I can certainly raise this internally and see if our information is up to date. The only example I can find is Antoine Griezmann, but that deal structure seems to very much be a one off. 

I'll flag your second point however, as we may be looking to improve the interface. 

Loans typically run from season start - season end, it's not really the norm to have a full month without a match - who are you playing as?

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Kyle Brown:

For the vast majority I believe - yes - but if you know of any other individual cases I can certainly raise this internally and see if our information is up to date. The only example I can find is Antoine Griezmann, but that deal structure seems to very much be a one off. 

I'll flag your second point however, as we may be looking to improve the interface. 

Loans typically run from season start - season end, it's not really the norm to have a full month without a match - who are you playing as?

Hey Kyle,

you have several month without a game in almost any league. If your loan starts for example 10.06 in England or Switzerland you have no match until 10th july (and fm always counts from start to loan until next month, and not like June, July etc).

You almost always have no Match from middle/end of May till end of loan (which is usually 30.06 no matter when it started). In all other leagues, for example Germany you have 3 periods without a match usually (whole July, middle December to middle January and end of season.

That can be very expensive regarding my unnatural deal with 24,5Million per month when not playing a really huge amount of money. Griezman is really special for sure but an interesting clause (hard to implement all these options in a game)

But FM lags another problem compared to real life! If you loan for example a player for 2 years with the option to buy him. Real life you can take the option whenever you want and the problem is yours at least from the next transfer window on. In FM you have to wait all the 2 years of loan until he joins your team fully.  In general loans play a huge role in modern football and should be taken a close look at. Of course many FM players don't really need them playing bg clubs...But players like me (and sure others) do need this a lot.

Already thought about writing this to miles via twitter as I sometimes have bad feelings regarding this site here (nothing personal!) 

Am 13.9.2022 um 23:45 schrieb Kyle Brown:

Hey Kyle, any news on this topic?

• Administrators

Apologies, nothing to update yet, but I've flagged this to our Transfers team to take a closer look. But if there are any changes to be implemented off the back of this, it'll be for future editions of the game, not necessarily immediately. Thank you nonetheless for bringing it to our attention. :)

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Kyle Brown:

Apologies, nothing to update yet, but I've flagged this to our Transfers team to take a closer look. But if there are any changes to be implemented off the back of this, it'll be for future editions of the game, not necessarily immediately. Thank you nonetheless for bringing it to our attention. :)

with FM23 knocking on the door I already thought so and for me personally it doesn't matter for FM22 now. Would be good if there could be done something. Thanks for your effort.

Another side story i can tell you...I bet a club a huge amount if a lonaed player wouldn't play. Kinda bug-using they accepted a really low buying option for him (1M instead of 13M market value)

Of course I played him always and bought him really cheap. WOuldn't be possible in reality either I guess :)