• Can not play for more that two teams in one season

tropp_rett
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

My player is ineligible for selection even if he only has played for one team this season.

20220326101522_1.thumb.jpg.d392bedd6722f856ad30d2fba2155cd6.jpg20220326101421_1.thumb.jpg.617bc67fdb7139d882415a5a1d60737c.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Currently, under the FIFA Transfer Regulations, a football player is only allowed to be registered with a maximum of three clubs in one season. This also applies regardless of what country that player has plied his trade in, whether that is in Europe, Africa or South America.

During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs. However, a player may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season if he has moved between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (ie, start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring). This is only allowed if he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs.

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/footballers-transfer-in-season/

If I understand the rules correctly he should be able to play because he never played an official game for West Brom in 29/30, but even if he did he should be able to play because England and Norway has overlapping seasons

Edited by tropp_rett

Uploaded two save files:

• Bryne-Manning.fm (Before he was transferred, he has signed a contract but you need to use "Buy now" to get him)
    • Bryne-Manning-signed.fm (After transfer, with the ineligible icon)

I continued to play until the end of his contract and got him for free. The transfer was completed in august when the norwegian transfer window opened and I hoped he might become eligible since a new english season had begun, But he is still ineligible.

Uploaded a save game with this scenario as well: Bryne-Manning-august.fm