• Argentina - Signing Domestic Newgens

Bigpapa42
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Not absolutely sure this is a bug, but it feels weird... In November 2023 on a save in Argentina. With a pretty big club that's now #2 in Argentina and #5 in South America by reputation. In past saves, I would always be able to set up a talent pipeline - develop high potential youngsters, sell to Europe, replace with poached newgens, rinse repeat. But unlike other past saves in Argentina and elsewhere in South America, newgens from other clubs in South America won't join. I don't mean right after they generate and trying to steal them on compensation. Some were generated 18 months ago in-game and are at much smaller clubs. Scouts continually say they aren't interested, and asking their agents confirms that. No interest. I have been able to sign a couple of real young players from other clubs, but mostly on frees or when they were unhappy. Also able to snipe some newgens from other clubs around South America. But zero luck in Argentina, which is just weird. Not sure if there is some factor I'm overlooking or what, but its definitely not the same as previous FMs in Argentina and even previous FM22 saves didn't give me this issue. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

If you provide a save file and some named player examples we can have some testers take a look in a bit more depth, but I can say for sure there's a bug here!

I've uploaded the save to the cloud, as per the link. File name is Cesare Valerio Robles - Rosario Central 4. 

I was able to sign one newgen from a lower division club, so now I'm questioning it. I have most of the players in question shortlisted so you can check the shortlist for Argentine players under 17. Most have scouted fairly recently. A few you can look at:

Gustavo Ramirez - Godoy Cruz

Dante Nava - Belgrano

Gaston Carranza - Tallares

German Starrico - Belgrano

Matias Pereyra - Platense

Facuno Reina - Arsenal de Sarandi

A few are available to sign on compensation so you can see right away tehy have no interest. 

Thanks. 

I have been able to make some offers since that save point, but its mostly been expiring contract players. In past saves in Argentina, I could at least potentially sign SOME youngsters away from other Argentine clubs. Not everyone but especially youngsters at smaller clubs would be interested. In a save in Brazil in FM22, I was a lower-half Serie A side and managed to poach the best youngster who came thru at Flamengo, obviously a much bigger club. 

Semi-related issue that I was going to make a separate report for, but figured it might fit here.... The offers for young players are poor. 

I realize there are a lot of factors involved in transfer offers. Reputations, squad status, contract, buying club budget allotment, etc. I realize AI clubs will make low offers at times to try to unsettle players. But the volume of low offers is almost absurd. 

Its a youth development save so everyone will be sold at some point, but I'd like to extract reasonable value. An example in my current save is Luciano Ferreyra. The older one. He's a very good young player, 20 years old, and playing for the Argentine National team, under a long-term contract with the club, and playing very well for the club. The kind of player the AI would easily get 8-12m for. but despite having been pursued for almost the entire 3 years by European clubs, I don't think I've seen an offer much over 2m for him. He was getting 1.1 and 1.4m offers when his "value" was 4-7m and his "hidden value" (the skin I use shows it) and 6m. Already playing for the national team at this point. I'm not sure why 4-10 clubs want him at almost any given point but every single one views him as an absolute bargain buy and nothing else. Might not be able to get what River actually got for Julien Alvarez, but 1m (and some sell-on) for a player who is similarly talented and playing in the NT at 19... Just feels wonky. 

Other young players are getting similar lowball bids and nothing else. It does happen in other saves I've had elsewhere, but just seems way more prevalent in Argentina. 

Also, and this might fall under Feature Requests... but public bids that don't impact the subsequent public bids makes it all feel disconnected. You get a public bid of 1m and turn it down. You get a public bid from the same club of 2m and turn it down. Or negotiate it up and bail when they won't go high enough... Then another club comes in with a bid the same as the first one from the other club, or lower. Unless the player has gotten upset and asked to leave, that doesn't make doesn't of sense.