• AI teams not loaning out prospects/selling unused players

abcdf
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I believe there is a big problem with AI transfers, that I already reported a few years ago but no improvement has been done, and possibily the situation is even worse

First of all, AI teams don't loan out their best prospects just enough. This happens especially in countries that allow for B teams, such as Germany, Spain and also quite a lot in England. The situation is better in Italy where I guess the age limit for registering players in the U-20 teams kinda prevents them from doing so. Youngsters stay in second teams/reserves teams to rot for years (when they are CLEARLY too good to play in lower/reserves leagues and get no development out of it, but just  not good enough to play first team) until they are 23-24 and now unable to reach their potential. I also see that not only they do not loan them, they expressly make some of them them "Unavailable for loan". This is just idiotic. B teams are there JUST to foster the development of young players, and not the opposite. The best talents SHOULD be loaned out to get playing time if they are not good enough to play in the first team. A 21-22 years old with 120/130/140 CA just gets no development at all playing in reserves league.

The result of that is that most wonderkids get wasted and there are just NOT enough world class players around after a few years in the game, because AI don't make the most out of their youth teams.

The same thing goes for unused players. I have seen players staying in the same team making 0 appearances for YEARS in row. They just do not make the request to be sold, and the AI teams just do not sell them, paying wages for players that are NEVER used. This appears particuraly striking when it happens to decent players, quite young as well, that just waste the prime of their career without making a single appearance on the pitch. Never happens in reality and definetly irrealistic. 

I hope this HUGE issue will be solved in the future.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

To investigate something like this we'd need a save file with some specific named player examples. At the moment it's too vague to go on as we'd need more people to raise the issue or to back your claim.

If you can provide a save, we will investigate promptly and action any changes we feel need to be made:

Il 6/6/2022 in 11:31 , Kyle Brown ha scritto:

To investigate something like this we'd need a save file with some specific named player examples. At the moment it's too vague to go on as we'd need more people to raise the issue or to back your claim.

If you can provide a save, we will investigate promptly and action any changes we feel need to be made:

Hello Kyle, I uploaded a 2030 savegame, the first one I hand available since the issue is so prominent it does not make much of a difference. It is named "No loaning example 1"

Look at Arsenal B team (again, just picked a random team). 

They have 3 spanish newgen wonderkids (Aizpurua, Rojo, Aranburu) that are clearly TOO good to be playing in the reserves teams. Using the in game editor, I can see that they are all around 130-140 CA. And, as you can see, Arsenal is not loaning them, and above all making them UNAVAILABLE for loan. And NEVER playing them in the first team. As you can see it does not make any sense, and ruins some possibly incredibly good players in the future.

Another example from the same save. Look at Bayern II. Some newgen youngsters like Duwel, Hasler and Fischer are clearly way too good to be playing in the German 3rd League, and will likely get no development out of it. Still, they are set as not available for loan.

Look at Barcelona B as well. There are a bunch of 21 yrs old in the mid 120s CA that are just rotting in the spanish third division, when they could at least be good backup players for lower tier La Liga teams.

I have actually uploaded another savegame that I used primarly to conduct experiment on the subject. I named it "No loaning example 2"

Look at Chelsea and Liverpool reserves team. FULL of 20 to 23 years old that have not been loaned, and are very good players, some in the 140s CA as well. As you can see, just the overall amount of loaning those big teams carry out is just ridicolous. Liverpool just loaned 3 players in the whole season, Chelsea just two. United 2 as well. City only one.

Barcelona loaned zero players. Look at Niko Takahashi in their B team. a 174 PA player that has been loaned only ONCE in like 9 seasons. As a result, his CA is still in the mid 120s at 24 years old and he is playing in Spanish second division

Il 8/6/2022 in 12:37 , Kyle Brown ha scritto:

Appreciate that insight, I'll pass the save over and see if anything can be done. :) 

thanks. I think seeing a more realistic behaviour on the transfer market by the AI would immensely increase the immersion in the game