• Test Rules for Advanced editor not working properly

sporadicsmiles
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

I'll attach the file for this one too, see below.

The editor is not verifying rules correctly. Specifically in this case, it will not recognise the promotion rules including a playoff in the level below it. 

The league system:

Top level, 3 teams relegated.

Second level. Two groups of 16 teams. Winners of each group promoted. Second in each group go into a playoff to determine the 3rd promotion place. Nothing special.

When I try to verify top level, I get an error saying there is a mismatch in the number of teams relegated (3) with promoted (1). 

When I very the second level, it works completely fine. There are no errors in how the promotion/relegation is actually set up. 

What is even weirder is if I use the "test competition", both leagues are working perfectly normally. The correct number of teams are promoted and relegated, and they do so in the correct manner. 

So it seems the verification process is not correctly recognising the rules being used for promotion from the lower level and it is simply reading the number of promoted teams. 

Africa Extended - Algeria1p1.fmf

• Steps To Reproduce:
      see post

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

2 hours ago, alian62 said:

Are you using flexible format rules for your nation ?

Not by default, but I do not need to. The point was that the rules were functioning, but the rules were failing when they were tested individually. 

8 hours ago, Luke Hume said:

Thanks for flagging this, we'll get this looked into.

Cheers,

Luke

By the way, the work around I used to make the test rules work was to set the minimum number of teams per group to be promoted to 3. This has no impact on the second level, but it makes the first level verify. 

• SI Staff

Hey there @sporadicsmiles

After looking at it, we've worked out the problem is that minimum and maximum overall promotion places should be set to 3. These two values represent the whole competition, not just the stage you are editing. Changing these should make everything work fine.

If it still doesn't work, please let us know.
    Cheers,

Luke

1 minute ago, Luke Hume said:

Hey there @sporadicsmiles

After looking at it, we've worked out the problem is that minimum and maximum overall promotion places should be set to 3. These two values represent the whole competition, not just the stage you are editing. Changing these should make everything work fine.

If it still doesn't work, please let us know.
    Cheers,

Luke

Thanks, I also worked out I had messed up some of the fate actions in there. I did not properly assign fates to the stages, as far as I recall, and so it was not recognising relegations.

What I still found odd (and the main point of the bug report really) was that depending on which league I tried to verify, the rules would either work or not work (and always worked in test competitions). Of course if that was just something this file in particular was causing, then no worries, we can close this one and it will teach me to file a bug report before checking my own work!

KUtGW!