• Parent / Child Issue in Portugal

kevgaleuk
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

No editing - straight open up the PGE and try to add some leagues to Portugal. When trying to convert to advanced rules it comes up with an error message saying that Division 3 North has its parent competition set to Division 3 (it does - as does Division 3 south) but the competition is not included in the child competitions of Division 3

PLEASE NOTE - I have not edited this, this is purely how the game comes with the original database

The only way to get into advanced rules is to change the parent competition for the 2 leagues (north/south) in the competitions section of the editor BUT then the editor doesn't recognise those leagues as part of Division 3 and instead thinks that Division 3 is missing all 24 teams.

Looking at how the lower competition (division 4 with sub divisions) is set up that has - in the required teams section - a -1 figure for both min and maximum BUT you cannot replicate that as it defaults to 0 if you put -1

I simply cannot find where you ensure a competition has child competitions listed so I am assuming this is some kind of data bug?

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Simply open the base database and try to add advanced rules for Portugal

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Having played around with it further - I think the issue is (at least in part) due to the fact that Division 3 is classified as a standard league not a parent competition. Changing this does allow further editing BUT I don't know the editor's advanced rules well enough to make the required changes (adding the 2 teams as child competitions) doesn't seem to be enough to fix the issue

Also when you go back to basic rules to validate and then change back to advanced it seems to have defaulted which might be part of the issue