• Co-Efficient Points not awarded to Europa League / European Conference League Group Winners / Runners Up

celticfan
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I closely follow how co-efficient points are added, and check against official UEFA guidance

https://www.uefa.com/nationalassociations/uefarankings/club/about/

For this issue, I don't believe co-efficient points were awarded to Europa League (EURO Cup) Group Winners / Runner's Up. 

I tried with

* FM 2022 XBox Edition on PC (bought outright from Microsoft store)

* Version 22.1.1 (albeit the save started on release day)

* Managing Celtic, qualifying for the Europa League group stage, and finishing 2nd

* It is March 2022, so past the 1st Knockout Round of the Europa League

By my calculations for Celtic I should have accumulated

• 5x2 points for wining games (4 in group stage, 1 in 1st KO round)
    • 1x1 point for drawing a game (in group stage)
    • 2 points for group runner up
    • 1 point for reaching the 2nd Knockout Round (Last 16)
    • Total Points: 14

I have 11 (browse to Globe icon -> Europe -> Club header -> List -> Coefficients)

Even if I exclude the 1 point for reaching 2nd Knockout Round, which hasn't been played yet, I should still have 13 points.  I believe it's the group runner up that's missing (as I've checked the running total during the season).

I checked some other clubs

• West Ham: 9 points awarded so far, which matches the wins/draws in the group stage.   Should have an additional 4 points for group winners. 
    • Lazio: 11 points awarded so far, which matches wins/draws in the group stage.   Should have an additional 4 points for group winners. 
    • Real San Sebastian: 8 points awarded so far, which matches wins/draws in the group stage.   Should have an additional 2 points for group runner up.

I checked the European Conference League (EURO Cup II)

• LASK: 6 x 2 points (group wins) = 12 points.  Should have additional 2 points for being group winners
    • Slovan Bratislava: 4 x 2 points (group wins) = 8 points.  Should have an additional point for group runner up.

SO same issue appears there.

No problems so far with the Champions League. 

• Steps To Reproduce:
      1. Create a game with a team who will participate in the EURO Cup (Europa League) - or simulate one.
      2. Play until after the Europa League group stage finishes.
      3. Check co-efficient points (browse to Globe icon -> Europe -> Club header -> List -> Coefficients)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

I am so sorry you never did get a reply to this. For whatever reason it was missed and then fell to the wayside. 

On the off chance you're still around, have you noticed this be an issue following the updates? If you still think it's incorrect I'll flag it with our team as a matter of urgency. 

20 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

I am so sorry you never did get a reply to this. For whatever reason it was missed and then fell to the wayside. 

On the off chance you're still around, have you noticed this be an issue following the updates? If you still think it's incorrect I'll flag it with our team as a matter of urgency. 

Thanks for getting back @Kyle Brown

It'll probably take me a wee while to work this out - given I'm playing the XBox edition on PC, I can't go back to the previous save (and I didn't keep an old save a checkpoint either). 

Therefore, I assume I'll need the game to progress past the Europa League and Europa Conference League group stages in my current season to check?

It certainly hasn't back-dated the points.

• Administrators

Not to worry, it's our fault for not spotting this sooner or I could've gotten the info from you when you still had the save.

I'll pass it along to our testers to have a look at in any case and see if it's calculating as it should. Appreciate the offer to help regardless!

3 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Not to worry, it's our fault for not spotting this sooner or I could've gotten the info from you when you still had the save.

I'll pass it along to our testers to have a look at in any case and see if it's calculating as it should. Appreciate the offer to help regardless!

I'll keep an eye on it as I progress my save and try capture the before/after.  I'm a bit slower getting through FM these days (hence the use of Touch then XBox edition).

Hi,

I've made progress in my save to past the Europa League groups.

Unfortunately, it looks like EL Group Winner (2pts), and EL Group Runner-Up (1pt) bonus points are still not awarded.

I've uploaded two saves

- CoEfficients-PreELGroupEnd.fmt

- CoEfficients-PostELGroupEnd.fmt

To the SI Cloud Service: https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

By my calculations, Atalanta should have 14 points, instead they have 10 (for 5 wins x 2pts in the group stage).

Galatasaray should have 9 points, instead they have 7 (3 wins x 2pts + 1 draw x 1pts).

I hope this is of help.