• AI teams not playing their homegrown youth

kenankodro
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

I am in the 3rd year on my save and I went to check Ligue 1 teams. There is literally no youth player that has become a regular starter in 2 seasons. All the young players getting playing time were either already at Ligue 1 level at the start (for example for Stade Rennais Doku and Sulemana), or were bought - but not homegrown (for example for Lyon, Zakharyan, Zima, Marquez). And those two clubs are notably known for developing the best young players in France.

Whereas in real life you often see players who are below 20, it is not the case in FM. Two examples :

- Stade Brestois : Youngest player is 22, there are also 3 players aged 23

- Strasbourg : there is one 21 yo, and one 24 yo who is transfer listed, that's all ! The rest of the team is 25 or higher.

20211106100044_1.jpg

20211106100049_1.jpg

20211106100242_1.jpg

20211106100301_1.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hey thanks for raising this issue - I do apologise for the slowness of my response. All Other Gameplay has been one of our busier sections so replies on our side are slower than we'd like. However, we have had a new minor update and I'm wondering if you can confirm whether or not this issue is still present in the game for you? If so, then I can look to move this to live game issues section. 

In addition to this, if it is still happening can you upload a save game that shows this is the case? A guide on how to upload files is available here:
    https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/