• My game crashes when I win Danish National Cup, every year.

Nono72i
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Hello there,

I have the same problem in my game every season.
    As soon as I reach the Danish Cup final, winning crashes my game.
    In order to continue, I have to lose the final. I thought it was an isolated problem, so I went ahead and lost the first time so I could continue my game.
    Unfortunately, the problem persists from season to season, and I would still like to add this trophy to my list of achievements.
    Please understand that I have already followed the recommended guidelines (remove all external mods from the game, clear the cache, check the game's Steam files, etc.). ). I'm running out of solutions and unfortunately, support has not been constructive in helping me yet, so I'm sharing this with the community in hopes that one of you has already encountered this bug and solved it.

The crash comes when I click on continue after the post-match chat

Thanks for reading, looking forward to your help.
    Enjoy the game.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Sorry to say it's an issue we're aware of related to a manager rivalry and a press conference question post-match. If you set your staff responsibilities to your assistant to manage them before the final you may be able to advance past it without encountering the issue.

It's something we're aware of and are investigating. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Hi, I encountered the same problem when I win the cup in Belgium. I also tried the same things as you but they did not fix it. You are the first one that I see who has the same problem as me. I have been in contact with someone from SEGA support and now it is brought to the attention of the developers. So far, I'm still waiting for their response/solution. Were you able to fix this already by any chance?

Same exact thing, but for the Dutch domestic cup. Does anyone have any updates? None of the proposed solutions have worked and it seems like SI isn't in a rush to find a solution (submitted a ticket myself) to a potentially game breaking bug. Had to defer a win for 3 seasons in a row and now it's a required part of the clubs vision 5 seasons in, and players threaten to leave every time I have to force a loss just to get through regardless of any other success I bring to the club like a league title or a quarterfinal appearance in the Champions League. 

Edited by sxillers

• Administrators

Unfortunately this isn't an issue we'll be able to address for the time-being - as workarounds you can create a new manager replacing your current one, or remove the AI manager for the opposing team (you could create a new manager for the opposition then immediately retire said manager) to advance past it. Appreciate neither of these are ideal, but it is something we'll look to address in a future update. 

On 24/12/2021 at 12:07, Neil Brock said:

Unfortunately this isn't an issue we'll be able to address for the time-being - as workarounds you can create a new manager replacing your current one, or remove the AI manager for the opposing team (you could create a new manager for the opposition then immediately retire said manager) to advance past it. Appreciate neither of these are ideal, but it is something we'll look to address in a future update. 

It doesn't change anything for me ... there is no rivalry between the clubs or the managers.

I guess i will wait the update ...

Hello, i got an update on the issue.

I'm sharing the support answer here.

Hello,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

After further investigation, the issue you were encountering was raised and the game developers were made aware of it.

They are currently investigating the issue.

Please see our Media Channels for information about upcoming updates for FM 2022:

https://community.sigames.com/forums
    https://www.footballmanager.com
    https://twitter.com/footballmanager

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and honestly appreciate your understanding.

Thanks again for your correspondence and your input.

Best Regards,

Vincent
    SEGA Support

• Administrators

Yeah afraid there's not much more new news Nono, but as soon as we have the fix ready we'll get it prepped for the update. :) 

On 13/01/2022 at 11:32, Kyle Brown said:

Yeah afraid there's not much more new news Nono, but as soon as we have the fix ready we'll get it prepped for the update. :) 

What is the timeline on such fix. I’m having the same problem for Red Star in France with the Coupe de France and I’d prefer not to have to lose the cup because I’m not sure if we’d get to another final in years to come

On 11/01/2022 at 12:17, Nono72i said:

Hello, i got an update on the issue.

I'm sharing the support answer here.

Have you found a fix for this mate?

• Administrators

We can't disclose potential update dates, even if I myself know when they're coming. It adds pressure onto the Dev team when they may have to deal with unforeseen setbacks.

I'm sorry, it's not the answer you're looking for, but we're doing what we can to have it ready asap. 

On 25/01/2022 at 16:13, Kyle Brown said:

We can't disclose potential update dates, even if I myself know when they're coming. It adds pressure onto the Dev team when they may have to deal with unforeseen setbacks.

I'm sorry, it's not the answer you're looking for, but we're doing what we can to have it ready asap. 

Hi, I've been waiting for two months to get back to my game.As you said 2 weeks ago I don't want to put pressure on the developers but just to know if an update date is planned. 

On 09/02/2022 at 17:14, Nono72i said:

Hi, I've been waiting for two months to get back to my game.As you said 2 weeks ago I don't want to put pressure on the developers but just to know if an update date is planned. 

Me to, I’m literally just waiting here on my cup final day.

• Administrators

There is definitely an update planned and the aim is to have this issue addressed within it. Apologies for the delay in getting this issue sorted and appreciate your patience on this one. 

On 18/02/2022 at 09:59, Neil Brock said:

There is definitely an update planned and the aim is to have this issue addressed within it. Apologies for the delay in getting this issue sorted and appreciate your patience on this one. 

So will this fix likely come with the winter update with all the transfers,etc?

• Administrators
    20 hours ago, hbomblewis said:

So will this fix likely come with the winter update with all the transfers,etc?

Whilst we can't guarantee things will be included and given the nature of software development there is always the chance things can change, that is the intention yes.