• I just joined a club (Rosenborg in norway) and the squad the AI has decided to register (and the squad building) is.. strange

DoubleR
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

So i am not sure if this is "bug tracker" worthy. But I just joined Rosenborg in the season 2023. They are currently doing terribly sitting only 10th in the league so obviously they were looking for a new manager (me).  When I joined I clearly could see what was wrong: even though they had 2 goalie's they did not register any and used the goalie from the B team. But then I noticed more weird things
    - lots of old unregistered players (like above 34)
    - almost no focus on norwegian players even though that is part of the club vision
    - as stated, they did not register any of the two goalies in the main squad, which caused them to use the young B team goalie. 
    - in the squad there is in general a lack of national players, lots of foreign ones (even though you can only register 9 outside of your own developed ones) 
    - also even though the older players are the worst players in the squad, they are on high wages with longer contracts. 
    - lot of foreign players got sold which meant they had even more in the squad they couldn't use

So I feel not only the squad registration is very strange (especially seeing you can change it often) but also the way the squad has been built. 

I uploaded two saves: right before I joined Rosenborg so you can see the squad I had to deal with and also a much older save because you always ask for those and can maybe see the manager AI making these kinds of decisions. 

strangesquadnorway.PNG

• Steps To Reproduce:
      I guess holiday and look at the squad building and registration in norway after a couple of seasons?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

23 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

We're aware of this issue and have it under review already, thank you for raising it. :)

Is it just a norway ai problem or a wider squad registration ai bug?

Really hoping this gets fixed soon.

This bug spoiled the fun of my Norway save.

After 6 seasons almost all (12 of the other 15) teams in the Eliteserien have too many foreign players they can't register (example see screenshot).

Odds_Squad.png

On 07/03/2022 at 20:52, Thuldir said:

Really hoping this gets fixed soon.

This bug spoiled the fun of my Norway save.

After 6 seasons almost all (12 of the other 15) teams in the Eliteserien have too many foreign players they can't register (example see screenshot).

Odds_Squad.png

Seeing it didn’t get fixed in this patch it probably won’t get fixed this year