• Player signs new contract, still unhappy ("Wants a new deal")

Zemahh
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

Player demanded a new deal, so I gave him one that goes into effect at the end of the season:

U0Ui9Iq.png

qFlERKI.png

A few days later, he's still unhappy. By the looks of it, the game doesn't recognize he already signed a "new deal":

QwDsy05.png

He can't be convinced otherwise either:

2BeP58i.png

If this is intended and not a bug, surely there should be some kind of a warning when offering an unhappy player a deal that goes into effect at a later date?

Thanks!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Now, on 25/6/2023, he's finally happy:

4NL7fJf.png

Sadly already lost half a year of him not training or performing optimally thanks to his Morale suffering, due to him not realizing he already signed a new deal shortly after he asked for it. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

We'd need a save file before the player signs the new deal please, if you have one?

Well, I'm now in 23/12/2023 and the issue is long gone, would you still find the save useful?

However, I can give you some more details, if you can then try replicating the issue, since I've just now had a similar situation with another player and I think I've figured it out.

Christopher Scott demanded a new deal, so I've promised him one and then gave him one that goes into effect at the end of the season. After he signed it, his unhappiness was gone, so everything working perfectly this time:

NHzH2VS.png

What was different in this case, is that I had a chance to promise him a new deal when he got unhappy. In the original case described above, that wasn't the case, because I skipped over the Inbox article informing me of Elye Wahi's unhappiness; I offered him a new provisional deal after he was already unhappy and this is where seems to be the issue. If a player gets unhappy past the point of talking to him about the issue, the game doesn't get rid of that unhappiness when it comes to provisional deals.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Make player ask for new contract
    2. Ignore the initial Inbox article where he demands talks
    3. Once player is unhappy, offer new provisional deal
    4. When he signs it, his unhappiness will not get resolved; he will remain unhappy until that deal actually goes into effect

Hope that helps!

• Administrators

Appreciate that, I'm afraid the save game is paramount though - without it, there are too many different factors in play to reproduce from scratch.

We'll keep the thread open in case we get any further people with the same issue. :)