• Chinese clubs are still able to attract top quality managers, despite no longer having large amounts of money

Nolopola
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Chinese football hasn't had money for a while and in FM22 they have mostly stopped trying to sign starters from European teams, considering without money, playing in China is no longer attractive for these players. Yet for some reason, they can still attract high quality managers like Thomas Tuchel en Niko Kovac. They are payed way less than they would get in Europe, so what is the reason for them to go to China? The players aren't good and the quality of the competition is obviously way lower than in Europe.

The save I noticed this in, does have editor data active, so if anyone else has a save with China loaded, that doesn't have any editor data, that might be a better example. I don't think the editor files affect manager movements, but just in case. 

20211231150925_1.thumb.jpg.26f9837556c0e61366c3ffae7a32bab4.jpg

20211231150953_1.thumb.jpg.f3195152f41f3face7b150ac74c27ef0.jpg

20211231151009_1.thumb.jpg.1ef4fb992073f65e82a1404b8809a9ec.jpg

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Start a save with China loaded
      Holiday a bit for manager movement
      See good managers managing Chinese teams for small wages

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Clubs only starting to less favour foreign head coaches due to covid making it difficult for them to commune internationally(to reunite with family and move family to reside together), and upcoming WCQ, Asian games, Asian Cup and even potentially hosting/entry to WC making the league less opportunistic comparing to 2010ish - 2019.

I say from screenshot if a head coach only recently managed Sheffield United, Napoli, Torino, it is not an over downward step to go to top half clubs in Chinese super league, the salary figure all seems reasonable to me too(Beijing and Shanghai Port are financially fine while Henan has its own stadium and other infrastructure plus stable amount of attendance in tens of thousands).

And considering reality the head coaches for these 3 clubs in 2021 seasons were: Slaven Bilic(previously WBA at EPL), Ivan Leko(previously Belgium top tier), Javier Perreira(first came to China as proven AM at EPL/La Liga under Jordi Cruyff and earned a short spell as head coach at Levante last autumn)

• Administrators

Thank you for that added info. We've got the thread linked to the investigation, so anything else that you think may be useful will be picked up by the Dev team. :)