• Still too many goals from corners

Josh P
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

An issue I raised when in the Beta period was the amount of goals being scored from near post corners. Although it seems a bit better it's still essentially an exploit. I've just finished a season with TNS in Wales and my to CB finished with 19 goals! I've checked other content creators / players etc and all have CBs scoring massive amounts of goals.

Seems to essentially just mean sticking a corner to the Near Post with your best header there and its a guarantee of easy goals.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Yeah, just to complement - https://www.fmscout.com/a-fm22-op-corner-trick.html

Courner routines like these are complete exploits and 'game breakers' as there is no realism. Essentially as long as your near post man is taller and stronger as their near post defender then you will be scoring many goals.

As Chelsea, we just played quarter-final with PSG and won 6-2 with Milenkovic, who is a tall dude, scoring 4 corner goals with this routine as their near-post defender Presnel Kimpembe just can't match with height and physicality.

I am not saying its completely impossible, but what are the true chances that that would really happen in real life? And anyways, after scoring two same type of corners in a world-class match you would think that the opposition would do something about it - put another defender in the near post, swap the players (put Sergio Ramos instead there?) or something.

From data perspective, it might be tricky to see it because maybe the average number of goals or other metric is not such a crazy outlier, but then when you experience every 3rd game 4 corner goals from the same player then you know that its unrealistic.

Edited by kjarus1

Yeah.. it is ridiculous. i had Konate score 4 headed goals in one game from near post corners.

I know we can self regulate ourselves and choose mixed crosses, but thats not really the point.

I think its an easy fix as well:

1) make crosses more wayward. At the moment they are pinpoint laser guided crosses to the near post for an easy header. In real life, most are nowhere near that accurate and half probably doesn't clear the first man, which goes to the second point.

2) make a defender zonally stand on the near post to beat out that first cross. he should win 50% of the crosses.

3) make it more difficult for a clean header, i.e. defenders nudging/challenging them. etc, more misguided headers. all headers at the moment look unchallenged. there should be more collisions. 

4) keeper needs to make more effort to punch balls. I've never seen a keeper punch a ball. they all stand on their lines.

You should then have a more realistic 2-3 goals per cb per year. rather than Konate or VVD getting the golden boot over Salah.

And by the way, I have won all 17 of my prem league games so far. No draw. No losses. +40 GD or so. 20+ from corners.

21 hours ago, jaseuk said:

Yeah.. it is ridiculous. i had Konate score 4 headed goals in one game from near post corners.

I know we can self regulate ourselves and choose mixed crosses, but thats not really the point.

I think its an easy fix as well:

1) make crosses more wayward. At the moment they are pinpoint laser guided crosses to the near post for an easy header. In real life, most are nowhere near that accurate and half probably doesn't clear the first man, which goes to the second point.

2) make a defender zonally stand on the near post to beat out that first cross. he should win 50% of the crosses.

3) make it more difficult for a clean header, i.e. defenders nudging/challenging them. etc, more misguided headers. all headers at the moment look unchallenged. there should be more collisions. 

4) keeper needs to make more effort to punch balls. I've never seen a keeper punch a ball. they all stand on their lines.

You should then have a more realistic 2-3 goals per cb per year. rather than Konate or VVD getting the golden boot over Salah.

And by the way, I have won all 17 of my prem league games so far. No draw. No losses. +40 GD or so. 20+ from corners.

Yeah I agree with this. I've had to change how I take corners but it's a strange feeling to knowingly take out 15 + goals a season! Worst case even if they spread the goals amongst more players from corners i.e. ball bobbling around for a striker to finish of flick on for your other CB. At least then it wouldn't look as obvious if you're cb wasn't getting them all to get 20+ a season.

100% the biggest game-breaking issue in the game.

Some kind of positioning, jumping and heading boost for defenders at near post corners would seem appropriate. Or ‘keepers intervening more.

Sadly it is a bit game breaking that this is still happening in an otherwise excellent release. I the player shouldn’t have to purpose sabotage my tactics and team to stop my centre back being top scorer with 30+ goals. Equally just putting a striker there doesn’t make it much better as the data still shows he will score 90% of his goals from set plays lol!

mocks the game a little when certain high profile streamers are sending their keeper up corners and scoring Regularly etc. 

also long throws. I remember vintage stoke Rory Delap long throws, crowding the keeper etc. Yet on fm it seems even a basic throw in taken by someone with like 9/20 long throws can deliver a beast of a throw that the keeper jumps for unchallenged and misses so that a striker then taps in from 1 yard. That’s happening like every other game for me. 

Really needs to be top priority at the moment rather than the million other changes that’ll come to the ME (I’m purely assuming) that will mess tactics up.