• Saved game appears to be lost

Haptain
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

I've just completed a season and was two games into my 2nd season (played the community shield and first epl game) I closed the game and when I returned, the option to resume the game was not there. When I select 'Load Game', there is nothing there to select.

Screenshot_20231109_181840_FM24 Mobile.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

UPDATE

During testing, we have encountered a knock-on issue outside of the save-related fix which has meant this update will be pushed back slightly. As this will require a new game build, this will now mean it is scheduled to land next week.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we look to fix this issue.

On 24/01/2024 at 11:44, Dan Sheppard said:

Correct, there may be some rare cases if users decide to dig into their files where they may be able to locate the saves. This would be possible now though too using the methods shared earlier in the threads.

Ok that‘s a pity. It is not possible to use the old game, with the method you shared earlier, when the update has been carried out? As in, you update the app, try to find the game using the iTunes method, and then play theold game?

23 hours ago, Heyhoi said:

Ok that‘s a pity. It is not possible to use the old game, with the method you shared earlier, when the update has been carried out? As in, you update the app, try to find the game using the iTunes method, and then play theold game?

You can certainly try but it's extremely unlikely the files will reappear after the update if they don't exist before.

Hi I’m trying the fix. I’ve pulled out the files into my desktop but all I’m getting it the attached. The only 2 files are then auto save and temp save folder. Does this mean the files are completely gone?

IMG_9947.jpeg

1 hour ago, Rich19 said:

Hi I’m trying the fix. I’ve pulled out the files into my desktop but all I’m getting it the attached. The only 2 files are then auto save and temp save folder. Does this mean the files are completely gone?

IMG_9947.jpeg

So I tried the fix and it’s worked. I was told by customer service it was ok to start a new game and wouldn’t effect my Wrexham save that I lost previously. However after recovering the 2 game files that I could find it’s only recovered 2 versions of my new saved Atlanta game not the original Wrexham saves. In the cache folder there is a game.cfg file. Is this any of the missing saved games?

23 hours ago, Rich19 said:

IMG_9947.jpeg

@Rich19, what worked for me is I copied the "fmm_auto_save_hidden.fms" and pasted it to "games" folder (i.e. copied it outside the career_1 folder). Then I renamed it to "fmm_save_1.fms". 

On 28/01/2024 at 16:07, Heyhoi said:

When can we expect the new update this week?

We are aiming for the middle of the week all being well.

We have just pushed the update live - Thank you for your patience while we have worked to fix this issue and do let us know if you continue to experience save issues.

Hello, 

I just bought a new phone and wanted to transfer my save file to my new phone. 

What I did so far:

I exported the save from my old phone (OnePlus 8T) and send the file via Quick Share to my new Phone (Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra). The export contains 3 files:

- fmm_save_auto.fms

- fmm_save_1.fms

- fmm_auto_save_hidden.fms

On my new phone I tried to load and import the file but it cant find the save file. As the path location in game I chose "Football Manager Mobile 24". That folder contains the sub folder games and within the games folder there are the 3 files. 

I also tried to chose the games folder or the location above "Football Manager Mobile 24" which is Android in my case. Nothing works. 

It always says: 

Trainerkarriere-Dateien

Es gibt derzeit keine exportieren Karrieren. 

That's German and means:

Manager career data 

Actually there are no exported careers.

What I'm doing wrong? 

Nevermind I found a workaround. 

I just created a new save on my new phone. Then exported this new save. 

Then I renamed the fmm_save_1 file to fmm_save_2. Afterwards I copied my save what I wanted to transfer in exact the same folder. And then deleted the fmm_save_2. So just my save what I wanted to transfer is there. Viola now I can load. 

On 29/01/2024 at 16:32, Dan Sheppard said:

@Rich19 - Have you also checked the other career folders, career slot 1 sounds like it is your Atlanta save.

I checked all the game career folders and they were all empty. I could only find the 2 games 

@Rich19 - It's likely these saves are then lost :( 

This said, with the fix that went out last week we are yet to have any reports of it still occurring so this should bode well for any future saves.

Is there any way to recover lost saves in-game? I don’t currently have access to a PC/laptop so can’t use that method to recover it. I have had the latest update installed but my most recent save game available is dated Feb 24 (in game), whereas it should be Aug 24 as this was where I last saved before losing it. The iCloud save is also not showing up for that save file anymore. Thanks! 

@j4ckp95 - Only via accessing the file system using a PC/Laptop - this also isn't guaranteed.

The reason the save may have rolled back slightly is that it may have been one of the affected files causing the loss. Appreciate it's not ideal, but hopefully having the save in some form will be a consolation.

Hopefully from this point forward, you shouldn't have further issues. Shout if you do!

I’ve lost 3 games now!

first time I was about 6 months in and assumed it was my fault.

last week I lost Blackburn in 2040!!

decided start again and had Worthing in 3rd place in League 2 but not it’s gone.

i updated the app last night and my 2040 Blackburn save is back but I want my Worthing version!

read through previous comments and my battery did go below 20 & 10%