• Match Engine - National Squads with Fake Players

SaMason2012
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

After a few games into the 2026 World Cup, I'm watching Japan and Germany beat teams in very impressive box scores. 3-1 or 3-0.

Their teams are made up of solid mid-tier player stats with all blue stat boxes, mostly. Some even have yellow-orange boxes for stats (less than 10). For both nations. Against stacked teams. They have a few greens here and there, but very few and in between.  But they win their matches. I guess what I'm trying to find out is if there's a bug in the fake national squad matches? For whatever reason, these two teams appear to have an edge against their opponents despite having weaker players.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Are you able to share what the other results are like around this although I don't expect this to be an issue? It's quite common that the underdog can win.

If you could also provide us with the save it would help us investigate.

If you don’t feel it’s an issue, it’s fine. We can mark this as completed. The semi final came down to Arg vs USA and England vs Japan. After a lot of save scumming, I got USA past Arg, but I feel like Japan shouldn’t be playing in the semis against England and win about 30% of the time. But for now, go ahead and mark it as completed.

USA beating Argentina after a lot of save scumming seems doable. But Japan beat England and Germany more times than USA beat Argentina. Sometimes, I even went and injured and lowered morale of the whole Argentina squad to still lose by 1. Hahaha. Japan just beats its opponents on a regular save scum meanwhile USA out here getting hacked and still losing to Argentina 9/10.

• SI Staff

Could we possibly get a save sent in, so we can take a look into this? It's probably for the best that we double check what's going on there.