• Files lost

Bjourney
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Achievements Files Uploaded: Save Game

I have just opened up my fm24 app to find that one of my saves has been lost completely.

It’s strange because I still have all the achievements I earned with that save?

Is there anything I can do to recover this save? 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

10 hours ago, RDV said:

As if I’d planned it: just happened again, taking me back from September 24th 2025 to August 14th. This time, I can report that it happened when I left the app running in the background without saving for about 5 mins. Opened Safari for a little while, then came back to FM24 to see the Netflix launch screen - and found that the ‘Recent’ game offered was a month out of date. And nothing more recent under Load Game. Not good…

Thank you for this additional information. This has been passed on again to QA. For now, we recommend doing a manual save before exiting/minimizing the game and this should help temporarily.

UPDATE

We have made significant progress and have been able to replicate some of these issues reported, all thanks to you, the community, for the information you have all been providing through various posts and tickets. We are in the process of creating a fix for the issues found and will look to push this out towards the end of next week*.

To give some additional insight, the cause appears to have been due to a save game failing to write for some reason (most likely due to the OS killing the application due to a device running low on memory or a battery failure), and one of the backup save game slots not being visible within the UI correctly.

In the meantime (before our fix is released) if you can view the save game area on your device you might be able to manually fix this by renaming the backup save game from temp_save.fms or fmm_auto_save_hidden.fms to something like fmm_save_1.fms. We also recommend completing a manual save before minimizing or closing the application if possible.

I hope this is welcome news and we look forward to sharing the update soon!

*subject to final checks

7 hours ago, Dan Sheppard said:

UPDATE

We have made significant progress and have been able to replicate some of these issues reported, all thanks to you, the community, for the information you have all been providing through various posts and tickets. We are in the process of creating a fix for the issues found and will look to push this out towards the end of next week*.

To give some additional insight, the cause appears to have been due to a save game failing to write for some reason (most likely due to the OS killing the application due to a device running low on memory or a battery failure), and one of the backup save game slots not being visible within the UI correctly.

In the meantime (before our fix is released) if you can view the save game area on your device you might be able to manually fix this by renaming the backup save game from temp_save.fms or fmm_auto_save_hidden.fms to something like fmm_save_1.fms. We also recommend completing a manual save before minimizing or closing the application if possible.

I hope this is welcome news and we look forward to sharing the update soon!

*subject to final checks

Much appreciated - thanks for taking the time to let us know. 

UPDATE

During testing, we have encountered a knock-on issue outside of the save-related fix which has meant this update will be pushed back slightly. As this will require a new game build, this will now mean it is scheduled to land next week.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we look to fix this issue.

Hi all, hope this would be helpful since it solved my issue (Netflix account, iPad):

So I followed the instructions from @Dan Sheppard for iOS but I struggled on the step "Once complete, open the folder 'Games' and look for the save file in this main folder. Rename it to fmm_save_1 and then move it into a career folder such as career_1." 

Problem - I didn't have any save file outside the careers folders. So what I did - I went to my "career_1" folder and I copied the "fmm_auto_save_hidden.fms" file and I pasted it outside the careers folders i.e. to the games folder. Then I renamed it to "fmm_save_1.fms". Started the app, my save game was there. Will update you if there are some problems but so far it seems my progress is where it was. 10+ years of world class management, had I lost it, I would've likely not played the game again...

We've just pushed the update live. Please share feedback letting us know if this appears to be resolved :) 

Thank you for your patience while we worked to release this fix.