• Files lost

Bjourney
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Achievements Files Uploaded: Save Game

I have just opened up my fm24 app to find that one of my saves has been lost completely.

It’s strange because I still have all the achievements I earned with that save?

Is there anything I can do to recover this save? 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Same here! Logged in this morning, local save files gone. Still have all achievements though. Raised a support ticket and hoping it’s a bug they fix 😅

• SI Staff

Thanks for flagging this and apologies for the inconvenience.

Could you confirm that when you relaunch/login back into your Netflix account that it was with the same account and profile that were used to make the saves initially?

Also, if you could provide your device model and OS details that would be great.

Thanks!

Hi Jake,

Using an iPhone 15 Pro, and been logged into my Netflix account from the start. Done the usual methods to try and resolve like phone hard restarts, and logging in and out. Haven’t deleted and reinstalled app, out of fear of losing everything. It’s almost like the game has forgotten the path to the save file on my device. Like me and the other poster here said, we see the achievements we’ve unlocked still, but no evidence of any save. 

Thanks

• SI Staff

Thanks very much for the information.

If you have access would it be possible to do the following:-

- Connect device to iTunes

- In iTunes select [File Sharing] - [FM24 Mobile]

- Check right hand panel titled entitled 'FM24 Mobile Documents' - There should be folders with long names including numbers and letters. These are folders per Netflix profile

- Select each of these folders and select [Save] and select a location to save to.

- Open these saved folders on your computer and check the contents of the 'games' - 'Career' folders. Could you let us know if any of these folders contain .fms files please?

Also, I'm sure on the load game screen that 'This Device' tab is highlighted but just wanted to confirm that the 'Cloud' tab was not highlighted

Thanks again and we apologies for the inconvenience

• SI Staff

Also, a couple of other things would help the investigation:-

- Could you provide a screenshot of the screen when you select [LOAD GAME] on the main menu

- Provide a screenshot of this page - [Settings] - [General] - [iPhone Storage] - [FM24 Mobile]

- Which iOS version is the device on?

Thanks again

Hi,

Im having this problem sadly and also lost all achievements.

Ive raised a ticket but not sure how long this will take wondering if there’s anything to try a quick recovery! 

Hi

same think happened to me today! Closed the app and when I went back on no saved files! I created a new save and can load that no problem. Hopefully this can be sorted….

This just happend to me aswell.

Was playing, saver and took a break and returned and the file was gone.

i had two save files, an old that was not active and a new active save. The old is still there bit not the new file that i was using.

Have we got any update on this issue? Same thing happened to me.

I would start a new save but I don't really want to go through 2/3 seasons only have my save disappear again.

I would like to hear an update as well. Overnight my save games are just gone.. I played 3 seasons and was close to finishing this season, went to bed and now my save  games  are just gone… And I am not the only one it seems..

Edited by Dshaft

Hi, I’ve had this problem this morning. I only had one save and it was 3 seasons in, now it has just disappeared. 

was any of this resolved before? Is there a solution? Don’t really want to start again.

Any update on this? Just happened to me for the third time in just over a week, pointless continuing to try and play it to then lose all my data and have wasted my time. 

For the second time now this month I’ve gone into the app to load my save and it’s gone back to day 1 of the season. I always save before coming out of the game. I know it’s free with Netflix this year but I’d rather pay for the old mobile version than lose 36 hours of play and a rare league cup win. 

Happened to me twice now in a short period of time. Hope it's on the radar, but any confirmation of this? Any updates / bug fixes coming up in the foreseeable future? if so, when?

We do have an update to address this on iOS, this was due to drop at the end of last week but something out of our control prevented this. As soon as it's possible we'll get this update out.

Thank you for your patience.

Im on android and i happend to me also 3 times the last 2 weeks. Alot of hours thrown away.

Do you got a solution for android as wel? And can i retrieve my saves?

My saved game has disappeared from 2 days ago. 3 seasons in, got Spurs our first trophy in 16 years and I’m in a title race then my game disappeared. I was enjoying it! Can I please retrieve my game? I don’t want to start a new game for the same thing to happen again.

1 hour ago, rdegroot said:

Im on android and i happend to me also 3 times the last 2 weeks. Alot of hours thrown away.

Do you got a solution for android as wel? And can i retrieve my saves?

There is a chance with the fix coming it may also provide a solution for Android but we can't be certain. If it persists, I'll reach out to the team and see what further information we can gather.

In terms of retrieving the saves, if it's the same issue as iOS you can but you'll need to navigate to the files manually and move them back into the career folders.

You'll first need to create a new save to try this as it won't work if you currently have no saves:

- From the start screen, go to [Load Game]
    - Select the career you wish to export to an external location
    - Press ‘Export’
    - Select or create a folder you want to export the career’s file structure to using the Android file picker
    - Allow access to this location
    - Select the career and select ‘Export’ again
    - Add a name to the exported career
    - Hit the ‘Export’ button
    - You should receive a confirmation message as to the success of the export
    - Using a file manager, you should be able to navigate to the folder you picked on the device and see that a folder structure for exporting FM24 Mobile data has been created
    - Within this, navigate to ‘games’, and the career folder you exported should be visible
    - Once complete, open the folder 'Games' and look for the save file that went missing in this main folder. If it appears outside of the main career folders, move it into a career folder.
    - You'll then need to import this back onto your game.

Can you let us know how you get on or if any other Android users have success with the above?

The update that has just dropped should address this for iOS. As for Android, it may also address it. If not, please continue to feedback via this thread.

You'll need to follow the steps previously supplied to locate the saves and manually move them back if you want to continue a save that was 'lost' as part of this particular issue. This is not guaranteed to work, but if possible, this will be the only solution to finding the 'lost' saves.

Android - 

Apple -