• Files lost

Bjourney
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Achievements Files Uploaded: Save Game

I have just opened up my fm24 app to find that one of my saves has been lost completely.

It’s strange because I still have all the achievements I earned with that save?

Is there anything I can do to recover this save? 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

31 minutes ago, Reyzah said:

I have updated the app, the lost game is still not there? Can I get my lost saved game back without using a computer?

Unfortunately, it won't be possible.

The only way to attempt this would be the way we've provided above. This isn't to say it's guaranteed to be there once you do.

Hello,

using ios 17.1.1 on an iphone 13.

just updated fm 24  to latest version > went back into fm 24 and saved games arent appearing except an autosave that appears to belong to the career_3 folder. the save file that i wanted is under career_2.

followed the fix procedure and didnt make a difference (but i didnt have the save file outside the \games folder.

any ideas why it's displaying career 3 and not the other career_ folders AND how this can be fixed?

On 02/12/2023 at 07:45, doncandy86 said:

Hello,

using ios 17.1.1 on an iphone 13.

just updated fm 24  to latest version > went back into fm 24 and saved games arent appearing except an autosave that appears to belong to the career_3 folder. the save file that i wanted is under career_2.

followed the fix procedure and didnt make a difference (but i didnt have the save file outside the \games folder.

any ideas why it's displaying career 3 and not the other career_ folders AND how this can be fixed?

Apologies it's taken some time to get back to you. I've forwarded this to QA but by the sounds of it, if they aren't visible following the steps provided, it's likely they'll be unable to be recovered.

Have updated the app (iphone), and unfortunately it seems that the bug is still there. However, this time not the entire save got lost - just one season (although that doesn't make it any better...). Any other reports on this?

Hello,

I updated the app (iPhone) and all my saves disappeared. It took me back to day one of my career but in the game folder via itunes there is a file called "temp_save.fms" which contains all my latest saves. Trying to follow the tutorial to manually insert this save into the folder the game reads it to me but can't load it. Anyone with the same problem?

14 minutes ago, franco6 said:

Hello,

I updated the app (iPhone) and all my saves disappeared. It took me back to day one of my career but in the game folder via itunes there is a file called "temp_save.fms" which contains all my latest saves. Trying to follow the tutorial to manually insert this save into the folder the game reads it to me but can't load it. Anyone with the same problem?

Thanks for this info, I'll pass this on to the QA team.

Hello, I reported a problem about my save disappearing a few weeks ago. Started a whole new one and at the same similar point in my second season it has vanished again! I was assured this problem was fixed! And I don’t 
    have access to a laptop to do any of the complicated moving over stuff. 

How do I go about this now? I pay for the game and it doesn’t even work properly. Put all that effort into it for it then to just disappear. 

Please assure me you can help solve this issue. 

Thank you 

Brendan 

On 16/12/2023 at 21:46, Brendan holmes said:
    Hello, I reported a problem about my save disappearing a few weeks ago. Started a whole new one and at the same similar point in my second season it has vanished again! I was assured this problem was fixed! And I don’t 
    have access to a laptop to do any of the complicated moving over stuff. 

How do I go about this now? I pay for the game and it doesn’t even work properly. Put all that effort into it for it then to just disappear. 

Please assure me you can help solve this issue. 

Thank you 

Brendan 

The team pushed a fix for Apple in our second Minor Update which had fixed it for the devices we'd managed to reproduce this on internally. As such, this update was provided to players. However, it appears another issue has since surfaced and we are continuing to investigate.

We appreciate it isn't ideal and are working to try to reproduce this so we can provide a fix in a future update. I'll share more as the investigation moves forward.

7 hours ago, Dan Sheppard said:

The team pushed a fix for Apple in our second Minor Update which had fixed it for the devices we'd managed to reproduce this on internally. As such, this update was provided to players. However, it appears another issue has since surfaced and we are continuing to investigate.

We appreciate it isn't ideal and are working to try to reproduce this so we can provide a fix in a future update. I'll share more as the investigation moves forward.

Thanks for your reply Dan. And I know it’s not your fault. But it’s really not good enough. Twice this has happened in two different saves at the exact same time scale. Is there not a time frame by when I’m going to know?! Or An offer of any help to get the saves back? All I’m being told is to wait around for an answer that’s going to be ‘oh we’ve updated it and it’s fixed’ for it to then not be. It’s pathetic really. No point in playing the game. It’s infuriating. Pay money for it and it doesn’t even work. So what you’re saying is I have to start again for the 3rd time because I won’t be getting it back? I’m still waiting on an update from a month ago from the last one going missing! 

21 hours ago, Brendan holmes said:

Is there not a time frame by when I’m going to know?! Or An offer of any help to get the saves back? All I’m being told is to wait around for an answer that’s going to be ‘oh we’ve updated it and it’s fixed’ for it to then not be.

Appreciate it probably won't be the answer you want to hear, but if you are unable to find the files on your device using the steps provided earlier, it's extremely unlikely they will be recoverable/found at a later date.

As for a fix, I understand the frustration and I'm checking in with the QA team daily, they are doing their best to try and find a reliable reproduction of the issue on both Apple and Android which can then hopefully lead to a fix. At this stage, despite their best efforts this hasn't been possible.

I don't care about lost games - it just means continuing to play is pointless as you don't know when your autosaves disappear and you get sent back to the last manual save.

I have an iPhone 12, Model MGJ73B/A, Serial DX3GX08N0F0R, ios 17.2.1, FM24 version 15.1.1-d+1933498, 

Thank you

Edited by rjhartley

I’ve just had this happen to me 3/4 of the way through an UNBEATEN season! Fuming, shut down the App last night and boom it’s gone when i try to load it today! 

Same Issue for me. I have 6 careers and can see them all when downloading the folder but only 2 of them pop up in game. Any ideas of how I can fix or just wait for you guys to patch?

Had the same problem on Iphone but fixed it via ITunes like described earlier! Although I'm afraid that it will happen again, any updates on when this bug is going to be fixed?

37 minutes ago, Jorre said:

Had the same problem on Iphone but fixed it via ITunes like described earlier! Although I'm afraid that it will happen again, any updates on when this bug is going to be fixed?

No updates in terms of a fix. We are continually looking at this but are unable to replicate it in a way that we can provide a fix. As soon as this is possible we will look to do this.

As we continue to work on this issue, could I ask that those experiencing this are providing the following feedback to us to aid our investigation:

• Do you rely on automatic saves (ie. when you exit or background the app) or have manually saved
    • Can you share some details about the devices you are using (ie. is it updated to the latest version)

To date of the reports provided, we've had relatively little detail regarding the circumstances at the time of the save loss which is vital in us being able to ascertain the cause and fix it.

On 04/01/2024 at 14:19, Dan Sheppard said:

As we continue to work on this issue, could I ask that those experiencing this are providing the following feedback to us to aid our investigation:

• Do you rely on automatic saves (ie. when you exit or background the app) or have manually saved
    • Can you share some details about the devices you are using (ie. is it updated to the latest version)

To date of the reports provided, we've had relatively little detail regarding the circumstances at the time of the save loss which is vital in us being able to ascertain the cause and fix it.

I save my game after every month on the game. It’s the latest version that I am using too. I’ve lost three saves since November which is very frustrating 

The career save I was playing was deleted. Is it possible to recover it?

version NGP: ngp-ngp-0.12.1-5e5baf6e

app version: 15.1.1 (iOS)

On 07/01/2024 at 18:54, Guccio1312 said:

The career save I was playing was deleted. Is it possible to recover it?

version NGP: ngp-ngp-0.12.1-5e5baf6e

app version: 15.1.1 (iOS)

If you have tried using the steps provided in this thread, you should be able to load the save by moving it back :) 

Outside of this we are continuing to work on this.

On 10/01/2024 at 17:57, Dan Sheppard said:

If you have tried using the steps provided in this thread, you should be able to load the save by moving it back :) 

Outside of this we are continuing to work on this.

Hello Dan, could you respond to my request from another thread. I have uploaded my file 

• SI Staff

Hello everyone. We are continuing to investigate this issue and we're looking for a bit more information to help pinpoint the cause of the vanishing saves. Could you all please let us know if there were any unusual occurrences when closing down the game immediately before the save disappeared? Did the device run out of battery and close down? Did the game close unexpectedly?

In addition to that could all of you please confirm whether you had made any manual saves along the way or you were completely relying on the game's autosave functionality?

Answers to these questions will greatly improve our understanding of what is going on here as we work towards finding a solution so please do take the time to provide us some answers.

16 hours ago, Ewan Aiton said:

Hello everyone. We are continuing to investigate this issue and we're looking for a bit more information to help pinpoint the cause of the vanishing saves. Could you all please let us know if there were any unusual occurrences when closing down the game immediately before the save disappeared? Did the device run out of battery and close down? Did the game close unexpectedly?

In addition to that could all of you please confirm whether you had made any manual saves along the way or you were completely relying on the game's autosave functionality?

Answers to these questions will greatly improve our understanding of what is going on here as we work towards finding a solution so please do take the time to provide us some answers.

Hi Ewan. There was no issues my device loosing battery etc. I manually save the game after one month in the game play

On 12/01/2024 at 14:39, Ewan Aiton said:

Happened to me just now, after first happening soon after the game came out. IOS with all updates, game via Netflix. I tend to manually save and use the auto-save, and don’t use iCloud export. Came back to the game today (no battery issue, no phone restart, no hard shutdown of the app) to find it had gone back from Sept 18th to August 9th…so that’s a lot of transfer business to redo, and UEFA qualifiers etc. Probably won’t bother playing more if it happens again. 

On 13/01/2024 at 20:44, RDV said:

Happened to me just now, after first happening soon after the game came out. IOS with all updates, game via Netflix. I tend to manually save and use the auto-save, and don’t use iCloud export. Came back to the game today (no battery issue, no phone restart, no hard shutdown of the app) to find it had gone back from Sept 18th to August 9th…so that’s a lot of transfer business to redo, and UEFA qualifiers etc. Probably won’t bother playing more if it happens again. 

Thank you for reporting this with the details, this was extremely useful in providing answers to some theories. The team believes they are making breakthroughs with this and as soon as I can share further information, I'll look to do just that.

On 15/01/2024 at 09:38, Dan Sheppard said:

Thank you for reporting this with the details, this was extremely useful in providing answers to some theories. The team believes they are making breakthroughs with this and as soon as I can share further information, I'll look to do just that.

As if I’d planned it: just happened again, taking me back from September 24th 2025 to August 14th. This time, I can report that it happened when I left the app running in the background without saving for about 5 mins. Opened Safari for a little while, then came back to FM24 to see the Netflix launch screen - and found that the ‘Recent’ game offered was a month out of date. And nothing more recent under Load Game. Not good…