• Player Swap Issue Still Persists in FM24

CTxCB
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

I was hoping the Smarter Transfer thing would fix this; This has been a long standing issue for about five or six editions of the game, to do with deals that involve player swaps, where you'd include a player as an add-on, a bonus, in a cash deal, but they'd collapse the deal, despite being able to go to a bigger club and wanting to leave. This has been made worse in FM24, I've not had a single Player Swap work at multiple clubs I've tried, and what's worse, I've seen a huge upturn in clubs rejecting acceptable offers with another player in, which I think its unrealistic. I don't understand how you've made Player Swaps worse, and not better with "Smarter" Transfers. Something I hoped to be a good way for rebuilds to still be viable with the changes, has been made worse. One of the worst ones is when I offered to buy one of Real Madrid's players (Dani Carvajal), and added Rico Lewis into the deal as Man City. They flat out rejected an offer of £17.5M, which was slightly above their asking price range, and their player fell out with the club because of it.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

If you could upload a save file we can example at the ready we can investigate. 

But, keep in mind swap deals are rare in real life so are rare in the game.

9 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

If you could upload a save file we can example at the ready we can investigate. 

But, keep in mind swap deals are rare in real life so are rare in the game.

I'll try to find some examples to upload in the next few days. I understand that Swap Deals are rare, but if a deal is accepted by the club, they're still often collapsed, as if they're capped at the wage the club is coming my way. Say I had a top player on £250K p/w, and I went after a player from Liverpool on £125K p/w, and I agree a deal, the deal collapses, because they're unwilling to put the wage forwards on a player that they're clearly interested in (because they've accepted the deal). It should be based on how the club rates the player in the deal, not capped at the wage of the player they're losing.