• Overinflated player wages in ported save

ontiu17
    • Public Status: Under Review Save Game: Ajax_PP.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

Wages were a bit more realistic in FM23 but after porting it to FM24 mid 2035-2036 season, half a year into it, players have ridicoulously high wages. While the middle east clubs started to throw 40-70m euro a season salaries (which I guess is, to some degree realistic) - it seems that the salaries have also significantly increased in Europe. You can now see that the mid-tier salaries range from 10-20m and this is for both bigger and smaller clubs, upper tier is 20-50m and lower tier is <10m.

What is even more odd is that, I still somehow manage to keep my club's books to the levels they were in FM23 (which were still pretty low as compared to other big clubs). FX My 2 times Ballon D'Or winner earns short of 7mil a season and this is after I offered him a contract in FM24  and my highest earner sits at 14m a season despite us being one of the best clubs in the world. While this is obviously making me happy and gives me less of a headache there are some issues with it:

- highly unrealistic that some of the best players in the world would be ok to earn 10-20% of what their current market salary would be even if they were the most loyal players ever

- heavily limits the pool of established players I can sign without completely blowing my wage structure

User Feedback

Recommended Comments