• Optional Club extension cannot be triggered

beers
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

For my youth intake players, I include +3 year optional club extension. Only two of the dozen players have the option to trigger the clause. When checking the contract details page, it says the contract has a club option, but its not available in the drop down menu of the contract or right clicking the player.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

uploaded, its titled "Optional Extension Not Working - Châteauroux.fm"

thank you!

23 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, can you please upload your save file showing this, thank you.

You can see how in the link below.

• SI Staff

Hello, we've looked into the saves, the players with this have all signed new contracts recently and there is a cooling off period after signing a new deal before you can trigger the extension.

19 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, we've looked into the saves, the players with this have all signed new contracts recently and there is a cooling off period after signing a new deal before you can trigger the extension.

thanks SO much for looking into it!

just so I'm totally clear on the matter.... the youth becomes a "professional" so the contract "kicks in". in the screen shot provided, that would be March 2025. Is there a general time frame that the extension will become available?? perhaps the january before the contract end date? That seems to be cutting it pretty close, especially when others are available within the last year of the contract.

1 hour ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Sorry - how long is the cooling off period? I have Ilkay Gundogan, who has an extension clause in his contract from the start of the game (contract signed on 01/07/2023), and I'm now, in game, at 04/09/2024 and I am unable to use said extension option...? Concerned that I'll be losing a bunch of players on a free in the near future?!

Appreciate the support. Thank you!

Edited by ADHarris97