• Offering contracts half way through season, contract length only until end of existing contract

Pezamaria
    • Public Status: Under Review Save Game: contract Files Uploaded: Save Game

I'm playing with Bath in VNS and it's first season in game. If I try and offer a contract to a player or member of staff (whose contract expires at end of season) the contract length available is only until the end of the existing contract. There's no option to make the contract start at a later date, it's fixed to immediate, and there's no option to offer 18months or anything.

If I'm honest I'm not sure if this is a bug or a limitation put on me by the club but I can't find it anywhere which says about it.

To recreate go forward a couple of clicks and you'll get the news item about expiring contracts.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi @Zachary Whyte - an update on this for you.

I've just reached the end of the first year (Dec 30th) and had another news item about expiring contracts. There's less players on there now and I've tried offering to one player and I could start it in the future and offer a year.

So it's a strange one. I'll go and check the other players to see what's happened but I wonder if it's to do with me choosing to match real life signings when I started. So maybe they signed new contracts in real life.......but if so I'd expect it to tell me and I'd expect them not to be on the news item (the one earlier in the save)

Hope that helps!

Ok so I checked another player (Tom Smith). His contract does expire at the end of the season but he didn't show on this second news item. I'm also unable to offer him a contract starting later. I haven't gone to the next screen as don't want to annoy him if I withdraw my offer

Hi @Zachary Whyte - it's now 27th February 2024 in game and I had a news item saying Smith's contract ending in 3 months, fans concerned etc.

I entered contract negotiations from that news item, couldn't put a future start date BUT I could offer a 2 year deal now! So my immediate worries have gone :). Be good if this can be checked still in case it repeats of course

But hopefully that helps the investigation

Not sure if this helps or not (it might have been chance) but on the news item which listed the expiring contracts (Which came after the above comment happened) I clicked on "offer contract" next to another players name and it only gave me a 1 year option (it was 1 year on top of the contract, not the same as the original bug).

For the rest of the expiring contracts I renewed them by going in to the player's profile to start the negotiation and it gave me the 2 year option for all of them.

Could be chance, but when I first raised this ticket it was from me clicking the "enter contract negotiations" option from the news item. Maybe that's part of it. Hope it helps!