• Director of Football issues.

tezcatlipoca665
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Chelsea FM24 DOF decision making Files Uploaded: Save Game

I have my game set up for the DOF to approach and negotiate for youth players, but I have the final say on whether the transfer itself goes through. It's usually pretty bad tbh, and I check the PA of the player because I can't really trust the staff's ability to judge it no matter how high their attributes for CA and PA are. Still, I'm hopeful they'll give me somebody worth bringing in some time, so I keep the option on.

My DOF advised he's trying to sign a 19-year-old striker (who isn't any good and won't amount to anything) for £375k... when he can approach to sign him for free because his contract is running out. Other teams are negotiating with this player to join them at the end of the season for free. It doesn't make any sense.

I've uploaded a save game file too.

image.thumb.png.411a6f2cac024d5efe85587ea0b58ba9.png

image.thumb.png.dd0cfb8eb28ff613494d6cc8ea2ade83.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Ignore the two different skins in the screens - I switched between them to check on something, but it's the same save.

Also, just to ask for reference - why is the DOF signing a 19 year old he clearly only rates as *maybe* a two-and-a-half stars worth of potential for a club like Chelsea, considering the one extra star is silver? It's his own judgment and he's not even sure if this guy will even reach the heights of being considered worse than a fringe player at the club in future? Then why is he signing him?

Edited by tezcatlipoca665

It's not just limited to the DOF making odd transfer choices either. Richard Olise's contract is up in 6 months and he can leave on a free transfer. Coventry can just talk to the player directly. Why are they offering money for him? And why are the other teams interested in transferring him instead of just bidding and trying to get him for free? I know an argument can be made that they need him for this current season, but the reasons shown below make it pretty clear they know he's not currently ready for their first team.

image.thumb.png.4f32110f22aab5b49f6e0146d9a05879.png

image.thumb.png.03c3dabb233fea34ff9cd38f791b3d51.png

Straight after this. This is the last post I'll make in this thread (unless something new comes up that's related). Again, this player can go for free in six months and Sheffield Wednesday can negotiate a contract with him right now. I have a save game just before this happened, so let me know if uploading it will help.

image.thumb.png.fca1b86b01d1ed721d3812a14a89e437.png

• SI Staff

Hello, your first post is slightly subjective but we wouldn't consider it a bug. Your DoF is trying to steal a march and get the player in early. £400k is relative peanuts for a club like Chelsea if it's a player they want.

Your second and third post are not bugs. The rules in England mean you can't approach another English clubs player until a month from the end of their contract and if they're U21 and out of contract you will have to pay a compensation fee anyway so what the AI is doing here is completely logical.

6 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, your first post is slightly subjective but we wouldn't consider it a bug. Your DoF is trying to steal a march and get the player in early. £400k is relative peanuts for a club like Chelsea if it's a player they want.

Your second and third post are not bugs. The rules in England mean you can't approach another English clubs player until a month from the end of their contract and if they're U21 and out of contract you will have to pay a compensation fee anyway so what the AI is doing here is completely logical.

Thanks for the info about the English clubs. I don't usually play the English divisions tbh and haven't heard of this rule before, but it makes sense now I've checked that I can approach players from other national leagues and not the English ones, so I'll concede that one.

The first is still a mystery to me because the DOFs comment, intention and his rating of the player combined means he's basically saying 'This player is one to look out for the future! I think he won't amount to much!'. If he believed he was, say 3 and a half stars or over on potential, it'd make sense and you could just put it down to regular misjudgment and I'd agree it's subjective - but he's certain the player is at least 1.5, and possibly up to 2.5 stars of potential? It doesn't make sense imo.